Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Patellar Tendinosis. Anyone else had this ?
  • Davesport

Not to be confused with tendinitis. Consultant’s diagnosed this as being the cause of the knee pain I’ve been experiencing. It was clearly visible in the MRI results. I’ve been off the bike more than I’ve been on it since christmas 😥 Anyone made a full recovery from this & how long did it take ?

Thanks in advance, D.

Bregante

I tore my patellar 7 weeks ago and have been wearing a cricket pad splint since. Currently waiting another week to have a scan to find out the extent but from what I’ve read/been told, it’s likley to be 3 -6 months for me. Crap innit?

Davesport

Hey Bregante, that does sound painfull & you have my fullest sympathy. By which means did you manage to tear the tendon ? & do you know if there was an underlying condition. Mine was self limiting to an extent. As the pain got worse I did less & less. But I guess if I’d pushed on it could have ended up like yours.

Good luck with yours.

Best wishes, D.

sefton
    Free Member

whats the symptoms mate?

Davesport

Pain in the patellar tendon from the kneecap down to the tibia & spreading round the top of the tibia. Swelling & pain usually a couple of days post ride & then enough pain to make walking difficult. Unlike the tendinitis I’ve had before there’s no creaking like a rusty hinge. Not riding is the only thing helping it.

D.

Bregante

Hi Davesport, I played a lot of rugby and have had umpteen probs with my right knee but never the left, until 7 weeks ago when I was just walking through my front door and I felt it snap under the surface of the kneecap. No warning, or anything. I did knock it quite badly at work around 5 months ago and hobbled about for a few days but am not sure if this was the cause or not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Patellar Tendinosis. Anyone else had this ?’ is closed to new replies.