Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Patching a wetsuit.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

One of the seams on my wetsuit is a little harder than the others and is rubbing my neck. I’m just wondering if a feather edged puncture repair patch might sort it out. Anyone know if this might work, or found solutions for similar problems? I’ve tried Bodyglide but it doesn’t seem to work for this one.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Rash vest with high collar?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Never heard of those. Off to Google.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Wiki – rash vest

Something like this.

If you have a road cycling top with a suitable collar then they are very similar, although the zip might be a nuisance. I have used them under wetsuits before.

thepurist

Apollo Bio Seals[/url] might work – usually used under drysuit seals.

BigJohn

Cut the seam out completely and stick the 2 edges together with Stormsure. My suit is a shoulder zip style and getting your head through the neck is like being born again. I always have to make the neck smaller on my suits and have never had the seam fail. Or rub.

Pigface
    Free Member

Rashy every time

ebygomm
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s actually the seam that’s the problem, rather than just the movement of your neck against the edge of the suit as you breathe? A rash vest helped but didn’t eliminate the problem for me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Pretty sure. The mark on my neck is about an inch square and only on the right hand side. The seam that sits against it is slightly harder in feel and slightly more pronounced than on the other side.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Do you breathe to both sides?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes, should have said that. I breath bilaterally and sight one in four breaths so that comes from both sides as well.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’d try the rash vest first, Decathlon sell them cheaply. You may find it improves as the water warms up, I suffer far more when the water is cold.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Another reason to look forward to warmer weather. 10 degrees was a bit chilly yesterday. Thanks for the help.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I got the chance to swim in a different wetsuit today and discovered that for me the neck rubbing is definitely wetsuit specific, so on the search for a new one.

phatstanley
    Free Member

this stuff is good to have on hamd regardless.
    dries to a nice, soft, smooth and tough finish:

http://www.freezeproshop.com/mcnett-black-witch/colour:1720?country=GB&currency=GBP&utm_source=GoogleShopping&gclid=CJWeo_Gz2b4CFZShtAodAEsAYg

edhornby

Get a bit of thin neoprene and stick it over with mcnett or black witch

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Patching a wetsuit.’ is closed to new replies.