Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pasta in the microwave?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Would like to cook a serving for 1 in the microwave. Fresh/dried I don’t care providing it’s edible I’m not fussy

A quick Google suggests it takes even longer in the microwave than it does on the stove. Is there a way to cook it in sub-5 mins

Ta

jekkyl

get the microwave specific pasta, something like this: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=260042333&gclid=CNijruPvxMsCFYidGwodySkIQw&gclsrc=aw.ds

We get that for our little girl and it tastes pretty good.
    Also, answer my email. 🙁 or is you fearful of strangers on strava?

P-Jay
    Free Member

For pasta you can take from stored to ready to eat in 5 mins you really need to pre-cook it, cover it in some kind of sauce (to stop it going hard reheating) and freeze/chill it till ready.

stumpy01

Quick cook pasta takes about 5 mins.

We’ve got some quick cook spaghetti that reckons on 3-5 mins. It’s definitely thinner than normal spaghetti, which is probably what makes it ‘quick cook’.

Not tried it in the microwave though, but as long as the water is boiling it shouldn’t matter where the heat comes from.

theotherjonv

I do ‘fresh’ pasta at work in the microwave – the stuff from the chilled cabinet I mean rather than the dried stuff. In a microwave proof tupperware box, cover with boiling water from the kettle, and nuke it until it’s done. How long depends on what it is but usually a couple of minutes for stuff like tortellini.

Not for time saving but because we don’t have a hob, and I’m not organised enough to precook it to reheat.

rocketman
    Free Member

In a microwave proof tupperware box, cover with boiling water from the kettle, and nuke it until it’s done. How long depends on what it is but usually a couple of minutes for stuff like tortellini.

Right will give it a go thanks folks

Also, answer my email

What email is that jekkyl mate

jekkyl

my problem, sent it to .com rather than .co.uk

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pasta in the microwave?’ is closed to new replies.