Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Passportes Info. Getting from Morzine 2 Avoriaz. Got a diff start point to mates
  • GEDA
    Free Member

All my mates have tickets for the Sunday Morzine start. I was a bit late so had to choose Avoriaz. What are the options for picking my Passportes stuff up from Avoriaz if we are staying at Morzine? I suppose I was wondering if there was a bus, or if they would let you use the lifts to get to Avoriaz from Morzine.

On another note how rocky are the trails around there? I trying to work out if the full sus or hardtail is the way to go. As I am not into big drops and from looking at a lot of the trails on the web they are not too rocky I was wondering if I needed the Patriot or hardtail to get the most fun out of the trip.

steveh

I’m sure they’ll let you use the lifts, it only takes 2 from morzine to the top of the ridge then pedal along down to les lindarets and another chair lift into Avoriaz. It’s about 13-14km up the road so if your driving over driving up the hill might be easier?

I’ve never ridden the passportes itself but spent a season in morzine so know most of the trails well, I’d go full sus personally as it’s a long day to get round it all and it’ll help with fatigue.

nickjb
    Free Member

Its not that rocky but you’ll be riding very long descents at pretty high speeds. Full sus is the way to go.

Sonor
    Free Member

We were staying in Morzine and were starting in Avoriaz, we managed to get onto the lifts without our lift passes to get to our start point.

We asked the tourist info centre in Morzine whether we could pick up our packs from Avoriaz the day before the event and they said yes you can. We got to the Tourist info at Avoriaz and they flatly refused.

FB-ATB

I thought there were two lifts from Morzine- the Super bubble car, then Zore chair? From there its a bit of a ride- poss not want you want to do before the start of the PPdS?

There is a car park at the base of the mountain & a big cable car to take you up to Avoriaz as another option. The only limiting factor will be what time they open & how many other people are doing the same thing. I’d agree with Steve, perhaps driving will be better.

It will also depend on what else you plan to do- are you going back to meet your mates or wait for them to catch up? If the former, driving gets the vote again. Although I’ve not done the PPdS either, I’d guess waiting or going back to Morzine is going to loose you a lot of time.
    As to bike choice- it will be a combination of what you prefer to ride, how you ride & if you’re staying for more than just the PPdS.

For my first time in Morzine, I had my Sugar 1 c80 or 100mm forks, 1.75″ rear travel & v brakes. Most of the riding was on the general trails and it coped ok, I even managed the Pleney downhill. On later trips I had my Klein, more travel & discs but still xc style bike and that was ok too, although it was more fun using my mates Nitrous on the Chatel downhill.

GEDA
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips.

sheldona
    Free Member

Anyone the max number of entries? Thinking of doing this with the wife but can’t commit to it for another week or 2

FB-ATB

Sheldona
    ” max number of entries? Thinking of doing this with the wife ..” what’s this got to do with the PPdS??

Sorry couldn’t resist!!

GEDA
    Free Member

I asked the local tourist office and this is what they said just in case anyone else wants to know:

Bonjour !

We acknowledge receipt of your email and we thank you for your interest.

Concerning the transfer from Morzine to Avoriaz, you need to take the Prodains cable car at 4km from the center of Morzine (it will open at 7 or 7.30 pm). They may will be some free shuttles between Morzine center and les Prodains but currently we have no confirmation.

Andy

If no ticket, cant you just ride the route on an all day lift pass? Means you cant use any of the food & drink stops (hmmmm Kebabs in Les Gets last year…) though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Passportes Info. Getting from Morzine 2 Avoriaz. Got a diff start point to mates’ is closed to new replies.