Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Passportes du Soleil – roll call
  • atlaz
    Free Member

So who’s going this year? We’ve got a 9-person trip going out there starting from Morzine on the Friday

weeksy

Same as you there. Flying over early afternoon on Thurs. The riding from Morzine on the Fri, then back on the Monday arvo. 3 of us.

If you hear a lairy Scouse bloke in a bar or on the trails with 2 fatter older fellas… .the odds are it’s me 🙂
    We’re all riding hired Scott genius LT30s.

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh yeah, I’m riding a red mondraker dune, probably badly and if it’s the rooty downhill into Morzine, also slowly.

atlaz
    Free Member

Oh well, just two STW people 😉

adyp
    Free Member

I’m going with a couple of mates from Annecy – if I can get my brakes sorted in time!

bitterlemon
    Free Member

There’s a couple of us again staying in les gets. Cant wait… Flying this year after last year though. I was that knackered on the way home I ended up paying for fuel that belonged to another car, as well as mine!
    That section from avoriaz (sp) to morzine was spot on.

fbk
    Free Member

8 of us from Chatel on the Friday. Loooong drive down so most of us are staying the week after too. Fingers crossed for at least a few days of sun 🙂

stripeminister
    Free Member

Myself and winch for this here site are headed to morzine on the Thursday night for 8 days riding but not riding the PDS… We’ll be the 2 on hardtails….

winch
    Free Member

^what he said^

dooge
    Free Member

Thoroughly jealous! Ive been 3 times and love it out there but enjoy it ladies and gents.

Alex

9 of us arriving the Wednesday before and riding PDS on Friday. Rode it Saturday last year. If anyone remembers exactly what kind of day that was 😉 It’s strange being sleeted on in the middle of summer. Also this year we’re staying in Les Gets and starting from Les Gets. Last year – for reasons I can’t quite remember – we stayed in Les Gets and started from Champery!

Driving down in a two van convoy. Riding for seven days. Leaving in less than two weeks 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

The weather was about the wettest I’ve ever been on Saturday; an enduring memory is seeing a line of cyclists on the chairlift, knees pulled up under their chins, hands in armpits just trying not to freeze on the way up.

weeksy

It apparently turned bad the year before the day after we came back too.

If it’s like that on the Friday, i’ll see you lads in the bar 🙂

Alex

[/quote]If it’s like that on the Friday, i’ll see you lads in the bar

oh yes, I’ll be the one sobbing ‘don’t make me go back out there’. I feel a picture might be instructive here.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/f535rE]Boat 2657… come in your time is up[/url] by Alex Leigh, on Flickr

mattbilliard
    Free Member

I think there are about 7 of us going from Morzine on Saturday. Driving down on Friday

mrbeach
    Free Member

Should be three of us (two definitely) starting from Morzine on Friday. Flying out early Thursay morning and flying home late on the Monday

dday

10 of us flying out on the Friday. Cant. Wait. 🙂

stripeminister
    Free Member

Ss said earlier I’ll be out there during the PDS but not riding the PDS, us it worth trying to get an entry?

atlaz
    Free Member

It’ll be pretty hard to get an entry but there’s nothing to stop you riding the route to be honest.

justatheory
    Free Member

Great route, have a goodun.

I did the route last year from Chatel and missed the last lift from Morzine, which meant a long slog over the Col Du Corbier – keep an eye on those lift closing times!!

chakaping
    Free Member

probably badly and if it’s the rooty downhill into Morzine

It’s easier if you go quicker! My favourite bit of the whole route.

I’m jealous.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I hate you all. The first time in 3 yrs I won’t be going due to a back injury. 🙁
    Hope the weather is better than last year. It was bloody freezing.
    Anyway, enjoy guys and please post some pictures here when you get back.

tpbiker
    Free Member

yep…no idea where I’m starting from, its not the same place I’m staying due to a late entry. Doing it on the Sunday.

What are the trails like? Nothing to challenging I assume?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

8 in our party, riding from Morzine on Friday, except I left it a bit late to enter so I’ll be picking my entry pack up from Morgins.

One of our gang rode the Saturday last year in a motorcycling waterproof onesie. Said he was warm and dry all day.

chakaping
    Free Member

Depends on your ability I guess, and if it rains.

Previously I’d have said no, but last year the descent to Torgon was slippery, awkward and brilliant fun.

deadkenny
    Free Member

One of the atlaz 9 here.

The mud last year, actually was a bit of a laugh, and I still enjoyed the Morzine rooty downhill, in the mud. The freezing chairlift however wasn’t nice.

Post trip, *everything* needed a service. Only had a couple of days riding there. Pads worn through backing plates, fork needed service, as did headset, BB, pivots and pedals. The Reverb was not too happy and kept sticking, though I haven’t serviced it and it’s got better with use.

The actual route is nothing too challenging. Most abilities can cope with it fine and all rollable. It’s uplifted XC really, but Alps XC, so rough, rocks, roots, steep in places, but all doable. The descents can be run fast and that xc ride can become more like a dh run in parts).

But Passportes is basically just an intro to the area. You’ve got access to everything else, so it can be as challenging as you want. Proper DH stuff, freeride stuff, tables, gaps, jumps, big ass north shore, whatever you want.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

This was done by one of our party 2 years ago. I had a cheapo headcam, so I apologise for the non gopro footage.
    I am “camera steve”

chief1409
    Free Member

13 of us staying and starting from Morzine on the Saturday. Heading over to Les Gets on Sunday. Arrive at lunchtime on the Friday and leave late on the Monday so more riding both of those days too. Cannae wait!

Fat-boy-fat

With chiefie. Woo hoo. 4th time for me but it has been a good while since I’ve been.

weeksy

Don’t look at the bloody weather ! LOL.

Might have to dig out my winter riding gear.

weeksy

I’m likely to be a no show. Massive crash last night then A&E for several hours. I can barely move, let alone ride.

Alex

That’s a bugger 🙁 I’ve hardly ridden this last two weeks because I was worried about monging myself. Forecast has improved a bit (esp for the friday 🙂 ) – looks like might be a bit showery, but nothing like last year.

Leaving at 6pm tonight. Will be riding in the mountains tomorrow afternoon!

jim25

3 of us driving out from London to morzine on Friday, not booked on for the pds event. But staying out there for a week so will ride it at some point.

Good luck to those flying out. French are striking!

weeksy

We’re flying to Geneva, doesn’t count as France surely?

Alex

Depends who you ask 🙂

I’m particularaly looking forward to our ‘electronic toll tag’ which allows us to steam through the peage at 30mph. Flying with bikes is such a PITA nowadays, much rather road-trip it. And it means we can take an entire workshop of spares thus evading the 100% alps tax!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m likely to be a no show. Massive crash last night then A&E for several hours. I can barely move, let alone ride.

Gutted for you, that’s a nightmare 🙁

French Air Traffic Control Strike, I’d suspect you’ll make it but with delays

weeksy

Sitting drinking beer at Morzine lodge and relaxing

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Passportes du Soleil – roll call’ is closed to new replies.