Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Pass'Portes du Soleil 2013
  • ask1974
    Free Member

Anyone done / doing this? Sounds like a whole lot of fun.

dazzlingboy

Yep – entering tomorrow for 3rd time!

shadowrider
    Free Member

8 of us going at the moment, chalet booked, flights booked, just need the right starting point.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

Did it last year and loved it, doing it again next year can’t wait!! Unfortunately I have to pass this year due to first child Nd wife deciding I can’t afford it!!

If you want to do it this year the tickets go on sale tomorrow and will sell out fast so be ready

Carlos45
    Free Member

Expecting to go. How quick will tickets sell out? Won’t be able to sign in til lunchtime.

dazzlingboy

Last year Les Gets was sold out within about 30 mins. I was in at 15 mins and got in – mate at 0930 didn’t. Further off piste starts like Torgon and Chatel had places available for a few hours. Mind you this was for a Sunday start. I expect Friday to be quieter and Saturday busier but have no evidence to back that up. We’re going for Friday this year hoping for the lifts to be a bit quieter.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

We also did Sunday, from morzine, and by the time I has filled in the online form and submitted it in between the site crashing most had gone.

Carlos45
    Free Member

Wow – it went quickly

Got Friday at Avoriaz – know didley squat about the place but at least the lift should be a liitle quieter when we start.

flap_jack
    Free Member

if you’re staying in Morzine, drive to Avoriaz, pick up kit, drive back and start your ride at Morzine. Then you can roll straight into Robinsons…

Carlos45
    Free Member

From what I read – we’ll have to start in Avoriaz.

Has anyone stayed there before? Places to recommend ?

Trekster

This is part of the trail leading to Morgins just after the Super Chatel lift.
    Not visible in the photo but those ruts were just constant stutter bumps and really hard going, not any smoother in the grass!!

P1000149 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Avoriaz? Ski village at the top of a mountain….

P1000088 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

Just below this lift….

P1000089 by john_henry_mtb, on Flickr

abbot
    Free Member

I’m super excited as I’ve going to be doing it for the first time this year.

Does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation in Morzine for the event?

We’re going to be taking our own bikes over so ideally looking for somewhere with safe storage for them.

Carlos45
    Free Member

Given that piccie of Avoriaz I think I’ll stay in Morzine and get a lift early am up the hill to Avoriaz.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to stay in avoriaz. As said, stay in morzine, get up early and drive up to avoriaz to get everyone from your groups rider packs, then back to chalet to drop off all the stuff they give you so your not having to carry it round all day. Then just start on the super morzine lift

andyrm
    Free Member

Been 3 years in a row and it’s always a great laugh – Riders Retreat in Morzine is a great bet, has huge underground storage and a fully equipped bike workshop you can use for free.

Plus, because there are 8 apartments (each sleeps up to 6) in the complex, the social aspect is good too..

🙂

chrisams125
    Free Member

I have registered today, taking across a group…unfortunatley it was quite a complicated process (when registering a lot!!) I have accidentally registered 1 place for starting in Morzine on Fri (We ride the Sun) and also 1 place Avoriaz on Sun!!!..I know!!! So I have 2 tickets (Registration numbers) that are up for grabs…genuine mistake on my part but happy to discuss with anyone who wants to buy them..have all reciepts etc…You only need a registration number to register according to the web site…let me know if it is of any interest.
    Cheers guys.
    Chris.

jakebeach

Chrisams125 – have you emailed them to see if they can change it?

robbieclay

Carlos 45, might be helpful for you to know we have accommodation for the Passportes du Soleil in Morzine and handy for the Avoriaz lift. Many of our guests do as you plan – stay Morzine, start the PPDS in Avoriaz – gets you off to a good start on quieter trails. Take a look at http://www.wildbike.co.uk for details.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Did it for the first time last year as a group of 5 for a long weekend, and this year we have got a group of 8 starting in Les Gets for a whole week – accommodation and flights already sorted so bring on July!

ebeattie29
    Free Member

Hi chris – very interested – do you have any tickets left? Thanks

ebeattie29
    Free Member

#chrisams125 – very interested

ask1974
    Free Member

Somehow found myself with a ticket… Now to work out the detail 😀

Drillski
    Free Member

Been to morzine twice, on family holidays , with limits on tha amount of riding allowed. Green with envy at you lucky devils who are going!
    Hoping to do it next year with daughter though! So the future is bright!

cogwilder
    Free Member

Is it possible to stay in Morzine and take a lift or a shuttle to Les Croset or Champery on the morning of the event?

tomstickland
    Free Member

I’ve done it several times. Not this year though.
    You can ride the route any time when the lifts are all open.
    If you have to register somewhere remote then you can ride round the route on a standard lift pass and then pick your pack up when you get there.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Is it possible to stay in Morzine and take a lift or a shuttle to Les Croset or Champery on the morning of the event?

Not Really – if you were staying in Chatel or Morgins you can get to Champery on the road without too much fuss. I’m guessing Croset is a bit of a ghost town accomodation wise in the summer – shame as it’s a central for all of the trails. Maybe you could ride there the day before and bivvy?

cogwilder
    Free Member

If you have to register somewhere remote then you can ride round the route on a standard lift pass and then pick your pack up when you get there.

yea that looks like a good option, and looking at last year’s course it looks like it’ll only be an extra 30 -45 minutes commute. 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

How does this work then? Are you supposed to ride the whole thing in a day or what? I was under the impression that the 50 miles was spread over the whole weekend.

Ambrose

I ache- you do the whole lot in a day. It’s not a problem unless you miss the last lift!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh right blimey, I guess a lot of training would be required. It sounds very tiring.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Okay, late to the party here (usual for me 😀 ). Got an option of accommodation and people to ride with but where they’re starting is long since sold out of course. There are still entries available on the Swiss side for the Friday though.

I could get a start point that’s miles away and try and work something out, or just get a lift pass and do the stuff without an entry which apparently may be possible (and miss out on the benefits you get with the entry).

Given people cancel, what are the chances they’ll have some free up and I could exchange an entry for say Les Crosets for the above?

Or, has anyone got a spare entry for Montriond-Les Lindarets by any chance? 😉

antonyjames
    Free Member

Due to no shows double bookings and injuries I have 6 x passes for Sunday the 30th of June leaving from Avoriaz at cost price of 49 euros each for sale.

Approximately 80 km / 50 milles – 15 ski-lifts – 6000m of total downhill
    9 different resorts to start from :
    – In France: Avoriaz, Châtel, Les Gets, Morzine and Montriond-Les Lindarets.
    – In Switzerland: Champéry, Morgins, Torgon and Les Crosets.
    1000 m of total uphill climb
    8 refreshement points :

Start at any time between 7.30 a.m. and 9 a.m. from each resort.
    New options on the route for an easier way back to the starting resort.

Lifts will open from 7:30 am to 6 pm each day.
    Check out http://www.passportesdusoleil.com for all details
    I will send confirmation email with start numbers

Please let me know if you are interested.
    Cheers
    Antony

deadkenny
    Free Member

I’d snap one up, but need one for Friday.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Pass'Portes du Soleil 2013’ is closed to new replies.