Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Passporte / Alps accommodation and general tips etc
  • mayan
    Free Member

Hopefully heading out to do the passporte du soleil next summer. Small group of lads, 4 – 6, none of us have ever been before, all reasonably fit and ride at the same level, probably planning to be out there for a long weekend, so one day for the passporte then 2 more days of riding.

Looking for a bit of general advice regarding where to stay etc, I know you can start and finish at any point, but are there any obvious pros / cons to a particular location?

We’re not looking for all night clubs and mad parties, spot of nice food and some good beers is the extent of the entertainment we’d be looking for.

Anyone used a company to sort it all? Presumably there’s companies out there who can pick you up from the airport, sort the accommodation and get lift passes etc, any personal recommendations? The alternative is to hire a van from the airport, but I’m guessing as all we’re planning on doing is riding, the van will sit there unused for the 3 days we’re there?

Any other tips welcome……

nickjb
    Free Member

Can’t help with PPdS specifics as we go out late season. Morzine is a nice town with decent bars and restaurants, and pool and good bike shops. Easy to get back to from a day’s riding, too. Lift passes are easy to sort out on the day. You don’t need your own transport in town at all. Most places with accomodation will help you sort out transfers but it isn’t especially cheap so look for a deal here if you can.

binners

Remember the golden rule: Never stay anywhere that doesn’t have a goat on casters. And it has to dispense alcohol from its udders. Has too!

This place has the finest Goat I’ve ever experienced. Ever. Anywhere in the world

Hotel with a goat

Its also in the middle of Morzine, right next to the lifts, and the bars. But never mind that. This is what an evenings entertainment should be all about…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mayan
    Free Member

<backs slowly and nauseously away from thread>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Passporte / Alps accommodation and general tips etc’ is closed to new replies.