Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Passport same day collection.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

I’m assuming that there is still a passport office in Liverpool where you can order/collect your passport on the same day.
    But is it a ballache to do? Mega queues etc?
    Is there a possibility to make an appointment or is it quick?
    Cheers.

TheFlyingOx

I did it in Glasgow. It’s fairly painless. Just take all your forms and photos and they give you a ticket with a time to collect your passport. Took about 2 hours in total, so I went for a wander round.

EDIT: You have to make an appointment beforehand though.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

One in Durham too. I believe that each area of the country has one now. It’s supposed to be easy for replacement passports, not sure about first applicants.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I also did it in Glasgow last year.

Phone them for an appointment and get it in around a couple of hours. Was a pretty good service.

My old one had expired so basically a first time application. Was no problem and they were very helpfull

donsimon
    Free Member

I believe that each area of the country has one now.

Ah! So probably not Liverpool for Chirk then?

Thanks chaps. 😀

timc
    Free Member

liverpool seems over staffed when i have been, go early, should be fine

donsimon
    Free Member

Coolio.

footflaps

I did mine in London, even with an appointment, had to queue for about 30 mins to get seen. The worst bit was coming back at 5pm to collect to queue with about 100 others in a very small waiting room, waiting to be called.

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

A family friend went to Liverpool today as she is flying off to Australia tomorrow and figured yesterday that she had misplaced her passport! She got an appointment at Liverpool at 12 today and had her new passport a few hours later.

She took literally all of her ID documents with her including her older expired passports, photocard driving license, recent utility bills and even her birth certificate (better being over-prepared) and she managed to get it without a hitch…I don’t know how much it cost her though.

I had to travel all the way to Durham passport office last year when I figured my passport had ran out and I was due to go to Amsterdam the next day. The 2-3hour train ride there (from Manchester) at 7am, a day in Durham and then a train journey back was just what I needed after a heavy night on the booze but ah well, it meant I got to go to Amsterdam with the lads so it’s all good!

I hope you get it sorted.

donsimon
    Free Member

I had to travel all the way to Durham passport

What’s wrong with Liverpool, apart from the obvious 😈 ?

Thanks, all sounds promising.

mogrim

What’s wrong with Madrid, for that matter? Always had mine renewed here with little problem…

donsimon
    Free Member

No problem with Madrid. I have to do something else too that can’t be done in Madrid. 😉
    Infact I enjoy going to the Embassy as the views are ace, you can almost see my house. 😆

-m-
    Free Member

I’ve done it at the Peterborough office and it was very efficient. As others have said you make an appointment beforehand, but I was seen within 2 mins of my appointment time (I had anticipated waiting for hours). 3hrs after my appointment I had 2 new jumbo passports – much easier than faffing about by post, but you do pay for the privilege.

A colleague who lives in Cape Town came back and did the same thing – also at Peterborough – so I’m not sure they’re too concerned about you going to your local office. Worth checking though.

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

don simon –

Unfortunately they had no free timeslots until the day that I was due to travel on 🙁 If they had done, it would’ve saved my almighty mission (further) up north!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Passport same day collection.’ is closed to new replies.