Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Passport renewal?? How **** much??!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Obviously it’s been a while but **** me it’s 85 quid if you do the check and send now!! 😯

Hohum
    Free Member

Bah, mine runs out in June of next year, so I will have to fork out the same as well 🙁

Talk about a money spinner for the government!

sobriety
    Free Member

Actually it’s not. Every passport is unique, and I don’t mean that they have different personal details in them.

IA

Don’t bother with the check and send. Got mine in about 10 days anyhow, and it’s just form filling, and not even that much. It’s not hard.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah will probably sack off the check bit as the post office don’t guarantee it will be ok? WTF? Anyhoo no passport, no holidays, some what have you by the balls!! Could understand the cost if it was the first one you’d ever had, but a renewal must be a piece of pish!! 🙄

brant
    Free Member

I nearly spent the extra on the fast service, but did check and send, and it was back in about a week.

headfirst
    Free Member

my top tip: apply online. Its quick to do, they then post you your printed application form which you sign. Add your photos, old passport and post off. New passport arrived 5 days later.

firestarter
    Free Member

I paid check and send and they sent the fooker back anyway. Useless ****

Pook

I know! £85 for 10 year diplomatic protection worldwide, free passage pretty much worldwide, safe protection in British embassies everywhere, and various insurances.

Bargain

😉

mrmo
    Free Member

I know! £85 for 10 year diplomatic protection worldwide, free passage pretty much worldwide, safe protection in British embassies everywhere, and various insurances.

protection worldwide, you sure about that?

Do what i am doing investigate if you can get a cheaper passport using dual nationality.

petrieboy

Charge applies even if your changing your name on a current passport – found out to our cost when we got married. MrsP had 9 years left on her passport but had to pay for a new one to get her new name on it. BASTIDS!

GJP
    Free Member

I think they should be free of charge. To me it seems a fundamental right of every UK citizen (or whatever the **** we are all called) to hold a UK passport irrespective of their means. An unfair tax in all but name.

Hohum
    Free Member

I was born in Singapore and I have a British and a Singapore birth certificate, would that give me dual nationality?

Never really felt like playing my Singapore nationality as I fear they me call me up for national service, which I don’t fancy doing.

john_drummer
    Free Member

no holidays, some what have you by the balls!!

depends if they have to be abroad. I only go abroad about one year in three & TBH even that is too often

mrmo
    Free Member

if you have a singapore birth certificate you may be able to get a singapore passport, but i don’t know if it would cause issues traveling in the EU etc. It may be more hassle, visas etc.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Do what i am doing investigate if you can get a cheaper passport using dual nationality.

if you are also french there’s really not much in it, and the bureaucracy here is way easier. When I lived there it was almost easier to be a brit working abroad than to be a frog with an ID card and passport. 🙁

uplink
    Free Member

£83 – think yourself lucky

I have 6 to spring for next month

Xylene
    Free Member

If you have Singaporean nationality as well, I’m pretty sure that national service is due.

I had several Singaporean friends who lived and worked in Bangkok. All of them had skipped national service, all of them had worked out ways to avoid it using various pay offs.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Six 😯 that is harsh!! You got a big family uplink??

Hohum
    Free Member

Quirrel – Member
    If you have Singaporean nationality as well, I’m pretty sure that national service is due.

I had several Singaporean friends who lived and worked in Bangkok. All of them had skipped national service, all of them had worked out ways to avoid it using various pay offs.

Well I am 40 next month and I have managed to escape it so far!

I am not sure exactly how I stand with it and it is something that I have not pursued to be honest because of the national service.

takisawa2

Work have been sending folk off abrooad for some training course. I am on the list to go, & informed them that mine had expired. (They usually pack you off to London for the day to get it done same day).
    They told me my course is in Cannock, 10 miles away. 😡

john_drummer
    Free Member

oh well, at least you get to spend your evenings at home. bonus 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Passport renewal?? How **** much??!!’ is closed to new replies.