Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Passport du Soliel accomondation
  • mikefyb247
    Free Member

Hay all,

About to book some place to stay in the Alps with the wife for 10 days. Any ideas of cheap accomondation would be handy. And knowledge of routes that are easy XC stuff that she can crusie along. I’m guessing plenty of decent singlestrack for me everywhere. The Passport area is what I was thinkng as all waymarked routes. Best town to stay in which has close access to the trails / lifts / bars

Cheers
    Mike

heihei

Just got back from 2 weeks with wife kids and dog in Chatel and loved it. Nice little town and not as overtly “mountain bike” as Morzine, esp the downhill element. The super-chatel gondola gives you quick access to some easy trails (and more difficult ones too), and you have the Chatel Bike Park at the head of the valley for more full-on downhill stuff.

Re: routes, suggest you get the yellow / black Portes du Soleil route guide – as has a very good selection of easy and difficult routes.

nickjb
    Free Member

We generally stay in Morzine. It’s a pretty town with enough shops, bars and other stuff to do (ice skating, swimming, tennis, etc). Not too busy and nice and central. I’d avoid Les Gets this season. Its another nice town but a bit isolated with the current lift arrangement. Plenty of good trails for both of you. The Green downhills are generally nice and flowy but easy enough for competent XC rider, The PPDS route is a nice day out with epic scenery, again not too tech.

peachos
    Free Member
    mikefyb247
    Free Member

sweet cheers for info. found place in Morzine (ish) 5km out. hope its not too far from the bars!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Passport du Soliel accomondation’ is closed to new replies.