Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Passive noise cancelling earphones
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Can you recommend me some that have really good sound quality and aren't gonna fall apart in 5 minutes?

Oh, and looking at around £30-60.

Cheers folks.

skyhigh_71

Hi,

I just bought Sennheiser CX300 II's at the airport duty free this week. Very impressed using an a European flight. I was worried I wouldn't get on with the ear canal fit, but they have soft rubber ear buds in 3 sizes and are very comfortable. Noise isolation is excellent if you get a good fit. Wierd in a quiet environment – I could hear my own pulse! Cost was 35 pounds in duty free but probably even less on web.Sound quality is excellent. Light and shade against ipod standard phones, and better than my old Sennheiser MX500's which were in-ear but not ear canal intra-ear types.

Hope that's helpful.

turboferret

I have some Sure SE110's which have the option of rubber or foam ear bits.

Using the foam, you roll them up like inserting ear-plugs, and they expand in your ear and seal loads better than the rubber in my experience.

Think I paid about £60 at an airport, but you should be able to get them cheap online somewhere.

Have previously used quite a few Sony and Sennheiser phones, and these are loads better in terms of blocking out ambient noise.

Cheers, Rich

pullfaces
    Free Member

Last week I too bought some Sennheiser CX300 IIs, but £30 from Richer Sounds.
    I use them with my new Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phone. Brilliant sound, although I've nothing previous to compare with except hi-fi.
    I use the small ear buds, just didn't get on at all with earphones that came with phone.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Another vote for the Shures – very good

IA

I've some sennheisers as above, they're pretty good for the money- I don't think you'd be disappointed.

mikey74
    Free Member

Might try those Shures, thanks. My last pair were Sennheisers (CX400) and I didn't like the two part cable. It is also this connection that has gone, hence why I am after a new pair.

Sam

I've got some Denons (AH 771's or something like that) which I like a lot. Also have some Sennheiser CX 300s which I bought as an airport emergency thing (forgot the Denons) which are not bad but I prefer the sound of the Denons – much fuller, rounder sound with better bass.

iainc

I got a set of Sennheiser Cx 300's last week – Amazon are doing them for £15 -) – seem great

GrahamS

Is it me or are the Sennheisers great until you try walking about outside with them in? They seem to whistle quite loudly in the wind.

hitman
    Free Member

shure

coolhandluke
    Free Member

2nd the Shure SE110 ear phones. Various sized buds and various materials too so you can get the most suited for your lugs and situation/ use.

I got mine for 45 quid from Gatwick duty free 😀

I think the sound quality is superb after running them a while. Straight out the box I was actually disappointed so don't worry if you think the same if you get them. Just play them for a few days constantly and they'll soon loosen up.

They come in a nice little zip up soft bag thing too.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies folks. I have done some research and apparently one of the biggest gripes with the Shure ones is that they break – any experience of this?

I am also looking at the Klipsch Image S4, but they seem to have thin cables as well, but no reports of breakage as yet.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

just moved over from sennheiser to Denon and the difference is big

Denon is a much more comfortable sound for longer periods and the bass response has a lovely density 🙂

They also seem to be very well made, i bought the mid range (£80) ones and they have some fairly chunky bits of metal in them

MRanger156
    Free Member

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/10852732/Sennheiser-CX300-II-Precision-ECO-Headphones/Product.html

For the money these are very good, block out noise but they do conduct moise through the wires (ie when it rubs on your clothes).

mikey74
    Free Member

They look a bargain but I don't want one with an extension cable: I currently have the CX400s and the connection between the two sections of cable is where they have broken.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Passive noise cancelling earphones’ is closed to new replies.