Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Passive-aggressive notes
  • GrahamS

Oh I do love a good passive-aggressive note. This was left on our car yesterday:

Accusatory tone, bad spelling, mild xenophobia and unrelated ranting – all good work, but marked down for not using capitals or multiple exclamation marks. 🙂

geoffj

That’s almost a haiku rant.

molgrips
    Free Member

Were you parked on a bus stop or a footpath? Did you leave litter?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hels
    Free Member

I think that’s just plain old aggressive.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You were parked on a footpath by a bus stop? I’d have keyed your car, smashed your windscreen and killed your firstborn

thejesmonddingo

Is the bus stop on the footpath?

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely part of every bus stop is on the footpath?

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Looks like some kid’s handwriting…

zokes
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

You were parked on a footpath by a bus stop? I’d have keyed your car, smashed your windscreen and killed your firstborn

Another well considered response from TJ 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You wouldn’t want to see me when I am angry

GrahamS yesterday.

Bah, townies.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Were you parking on a footpath or a footway? Was the bus stop enforcable by means of a bus stop clearway or and advisory site?

GrahamS

For the record: we were parked near a bus stop (no clearway or markings) and I did have two wheels on the pavement to leave sufficient room on the road for large vehicles (such as buses) to get through. So fair cop.

But I left plenty enough room on the pavement to get a pushchair/wheelchair through and didn’t (in my opinion) block the bus stop – not that there are many buses at 10am on Sunday in rural Northumberland.

Probably not my bestest ever bit of parking, but we were late getting to a mate’s baby’s christening after our own baby was sick, and it was mobbed outside the church as it was also Palm Sunday.

We were only there an hour too, so they were quick off the mark. 🙂

ChrisL

You missed out weeing on his shoes.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Perhaps next time you can try leaving a copy of the Daily Mail so the notewriter thinks you’re “one of us” and accepts it as payment for breathing their air.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Perhaps you could actually park legally / considerately in future. Classic piece of car driver arrogance. I have to park so I shall park where I want and inconveniencing anyone else is of no importance.

allthepies
    Free Member

<twitches net curtains>

_tom_
    Free Member

I had a note saying “please be aware that you have parked in a way which makes it dangerous for people to enter and exit the car park” .. I was in a designated parking space and my car is pretty small 😐 They’d even gone to the effort of typing it up and printing it off.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have parked like that, personally.

GrahamS

Perhaps you could actually park legally / considerately in future. Classic piece of car driver arrogance.

😆 TJ. Twas legal and at best only very slightly inconvenient to anyone else, for one hour on a Sunday morning.

Oh and I didn’t leave any “rubish”. Though I did shit in the bus stop for good measure 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

I don’t think that’s passive-aggressive. SOME might people think it’s passive-aggressive and I suppose we could all just CHANGE WHAT WORDS MEAN just because it’s easier for them. I know I don’t mind ALL THE EXTRA WORK that would cause, it’s fine with me.

😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

TJ knows all and sees all. Your card is marked GrahamS and when the omniscient one falls off that very high horse, you better not be parked under him, you mark my words

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So you think its OK to inconvenience people so you can park where you want?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I once had my white car used as the note paper and a large permanent marker as the pen. Consider yourself lucky.

easygroove
    Free Member

You should have parked on the grass out of everyones way and then left some dirty great tyre marks when you left!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Who was inconvenienced, and in what way? Just because one of your fellow Daily Mail readers saw an opportunity to take umbrage at something doesn’t actually mean there was anything either illegal or inconvenient going on.

GrahamS

TJ knows all and sees all.

As I recall TJ lives near/in Edinburgh – having lived there myself I know proper inconsiderate parking (i.e. cars parked completely on the pavement, or double-parked down both sides of a road to the point where vans can’t drive down the road, the bins can’t be collected and any emergency crews have to nudge cars out the way).

hels
    Free Member

I’m with TJ on this – if anything the OP is displaying passive-agressive behaviour, like those people that don’t pay train fares “cos I was running late” then moan about getting caught on internet forums. You should have left earlier and planned ahead better, there aren’t levels of obnoxious parking that vary according to your self induced personal circumstances that day.

johnners
    Free Member

I did have two wheels on the pavement

Twas legal and at best only very slightly inconvenient to anyone else, for one hour on a Sunday morning

I doubt it was legal if you had 2 wheels on the pavement.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Looking at the map it doesn’t look to me like it would inconvenience anyone at all to park there. Blatent nimbyism.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Perhaps they’re just fed up with people parking there? Anyway, at least their little note has led you to consider your actions 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!!!

😆

duntstick
    Free Member

Just count yourself lucky Graham

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its just typical car driver arrogance. Its only an hour on a Sunday morning so I will just partially block the pavement.

Pavement parking is not automatically illegal in most places. However it is inconsiderate at best, can be illegal depending on circumstances and damages the pavements.

Gary_C

LOL at the google photo, with the red car with wheels on kerb……

😆

EDIT: And no note on the car, perhaps thats your note writer….you took his/her parking space!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Coffeeking. Pushing a double buggy? Wide wheelchair? Blind person?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Coffeeking. Pushing a double buggy? Wide wheelchair? Blind person?

Pavement looks wide enough for a double buggy assuming wheels were “just” on the pavement and the buggy owner does have the ability to scooch onto the grass if it’s THAT tight. Judging by the width of the car down the road next to the pavement I’d say the pavement was about 1.6m wide at that point, plenty for a double buggy and a bit of car. Though I think the road is plenty wide enough to accommodate a van so I’m not sure why you’d put wheels on the pavement. What width wheelchairs do you see?! Blind people have to navigate obstacles all the time, a parked car makes no odds, the bus stop and lamp-posts are far more dangerous.

Mountains. Molehills.

molgrips
    Free Member

Doesn’t look as if it’d be too hard to nip down that estate and find somewhere out of the way to park…

Looks like Station Road has plenty of room and lots of people already parked there by way of precedent and usual habit.

Btw we have to go on the road all the time on our street due to cars all over the pavement. Pushchair and pedestrians in the road, cars on the pavement – not right, is it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

coffeeking – the bus stop and lamppost are there all the time so the blind person is used to their presence.

Just because you think its a mountain out of a molehilldoes not excue the OP. its wrong and you know its wrong.

Highway code:

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Passive-aggressive notes’ is closed to new replies.