Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Passing blood
  • oldgit
    Free Member

After a very hard training session, if it doesn’t happen hardly ever I assume it’s nothing to worry about.
    I trained hard last night on the road, towards the end I could’nt keep the contents of my stomach down and it was hard to stand upright afterwards. It’s not dehydration.
    If ok the next day I’d assume there’s nothing wrong at all.

Joe

was that a statement or a question. I raelly don’t think eitther are good ever, and show you aren’t training properly. You shouldn’t do a sick or pass blood.

stugus
    Free Member

defo a docs visit I’d say.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Doctors, now…..

oldgit
    Free Member

Bit of both Joe really.
    I hardly ate yesterday, and for some reason I felt very very strong, but it seems to have burnt my gut?
    Keeping an eye on things today???

sq225917
    Free Member

if you ate less than hour before riding and were charging then throwing up is not unusual if you were right on the limit. basically your body clears it out for more heart pumping space, struggling to stand just means you wretched too hard and probably strained an intercostal.

Blood in your puke or piss however is another matter….

stratobiker
    Free Member

You should have worn mitts! 😉

Doctors, go, now!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You need to sort this out ASAP. The bleeding could be a number of things – he most likely IMO being damage to the urethra from poor saddle / riding position. Puking up means the wrong stuff in your stomach – did you take loads of energy drink?

Get it sorted – you are damaging your body

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Just sounds like a hard training session if you puke up, no worries.

If your weeing blood, you could have ruptured or just slightly damaged your “wee pipe” behind your balls (no technical jargon here), due to either banging it on the saddle or hitting a pot hole or hanging over the bars and putting extra pressure on the area.

It may sting when you wee, all you can do is rest and not put pressure on it, ie ride your bike.

It has happened to me and I payed no advise to the Dr. and carried on riding for the next 4 days and was OK.

Joxster
    Free Member

I would recommend seeing your doctor. I went through a phase of p!ssing blood (much like pouring blood orange juice in to the toilet) it went on for 6-12months) They never found out what the problem was, I had lots of different test done.

I’ve never noticed blood in my puke even at the hardest of my training sessions and I have blacked out on some of them. I used to suffer from incredibly bad acid indigestion when I was doing standing start sessions and now I still get indigestion when I need to wee.

MrAgreeable

I would definitely not take medical advice from a man who uses the phrase “wee pipe”. It could be something benign, it could be something very serious.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

So Mr Agreeable if I used the correct word in the right context would you trust me, come on you can trust a doctor, can’t you.

The urethra has an excretory function in both sexes to pass urine to the outside, and also a reproductive function in the male, as a passage for semen.

Oh BTW oldgit, go and see you local health worker or gp, they love sticking plastic tubes up your “wee pipe” to see if it stings 😛

MrAgreeable

KKF, you’re basically saying “go to the doctor’s if you like, but they’ll jam a hurty tube up your bellend and it’s probably nothing anyway”.

Of course, you’re entitled to distrust medical professionals and rely on your home-spun opinions (which also seem to include the idea that puking after training is healthy) but in this case I think I would prefer to get myself checked out by someone who knows what they’re talking about, rather than someone who has only just learned the word “urethra”. 😛

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Mr A,

I total agree with you, he should go and see a doctor as i said in my previous post.

As for “uretha”, i have know this artist for ages, I love all her records especially the duet with George Michael.

Anyway you mentioned a new word to me “bellend”, and on that note back to you. 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Passing blood’ is closed to new replies.