• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Passat Alltrack
  • siwhite
    Free Member

Anyone bought one? I’d be looking at a 3-4 year old model for about £12k. Failing that, anyone with a B7 Passat care to share their experiences?

I was set on a Volvo XC70 but poorer economy and higher servicing costs are putting me off. I still prefer the looks of the Volvo though…

I’ve had a Passat before (B5) which helps the decision.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Who’s to say the Passat will still have better economy once it’s been de-smuttified?

fizik
    Free Member

Volvo servicing isnt that bad, not to mention you get free roadside assistance for 12 months with every service. Volvo will be comfier and can get three bikes in the boot without folding seats

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Diesel lol “test mode” I drove the new version of my 1.8T petrol Passat mines on 02 plate. The new one didn’t drive or feel that nice so now spending the cash giving mine even more love than I already do.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My dad had a b7 passat and while it was a good car, just prior to him getting rid the gearbox spat it’s dummy and put a hole in the gearbox case. Not the first time his dealership had seen it.
    I’d go for something else… 1.8 tsi octavia scout. A cheeky remap will make it a 4wd vrs eater too.

The-Beard

We had a brand spanking 2.0L new one as a courtesy car earlier in the year when our Golf fell to bits. I really liked it bar one thing. The analogue clock in the middle of the dash. WTF? Looked ridiculous and really annoyed me!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Auto handbrake too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you want a VAG 4wd you should buy an Audi who have probably the best 4wd systems of any car manufacturer. I had an A6 Auattro which was excellent, we did 120k miles in one with little other than routine servicing (electric handbrake fwiw)

Volvo is an excellent choice.

Of you want an estate 4wd have a look at Subarus although fuel economy generally isn’t great

If you want a Passat just get a 2wd one, the 4wd is just too niche IMO

jimw
    Free Member

Another VAG alternative is the Skoda Superb 4×4 estate. Slightly longer, slightly narrower but identical drivetrain. They did a raised ride height version.

Oh, and it has a “proper” handbrake

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Passat Alltrack’ is closed to new replies.