Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pashley Guv'nor
  • bullheart
    Free Member

How amazing is this bike;

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/guvnor.html

I swear, thats got to be the coolest bike I've ever seen. Has anyone on here got one?

ourmaninthenorth

Someone posted up a pic yesterday (or the day before).

You may be a big, 'rd man with the heart of a bull, but I have to disagree with you on this one – find them far too contrived..!

wwaswas

these have always appealed to me;

bananaworld
    Free Member

Tyres that look good for a little less than three seconds, no provision for fitting mudguards and enough mass to anchor the QEII.

What's NOT to like?

wwaswas

oops sorry about size of pic…

saladdodger
    Free Member

sorry they are both fugly, bloody orrable

give me my fixed pompino anyday

bullheart
    Free Member

But surely its the type of rider that's contrived – not the bike itself?

The Guv'nor has to be the original british klunker. If that was mine, I'd push it to the top of the nearest hill, hold on and use the nearest wall to stop…

Flash
    Free Member

I've got one and I love it, it was probably my picture whenever. I think when I posted the image I said it's one of those bikes you get or don't, Pete obviously gets it, everyone who disagrees is obviously wrong, but won't think they are because they don't get it.

It really isn't that heavy (Reynolds 531), you can fit mudguards but why? It would spoil it's looks. The steering is incredibly vague, if you shake the bars you can see the wheel trying to catch up. It seems to take an age to get up to speed due to the size and weight of the wheels (28” steel rims), but once you’re off it’s got a lovely feel to it.

If I want to ride off road I've got an MTB, if I want to ride on the road I've got a road bike, if I want to go for a pleasant amble with my wife I'll take the Guv.

alpin
    Free Member

no. silly bike, but it's not my money.

retro83
    Free Member

If i win the lottery i'm having one of those. Looks just the thing for bimbling to the shops on. Beautiful.

racefaceec90

i like it.i could pick up my loaf from the bakers on it.:-)

catfood
    Free Member

Personally I think guvnors look gorgeous, Ive got a Tube Rider and its an absolute joy for bimbling about on,

Bregante

I posted this pic of a guv'nor on here a few days ago ~ not mine 😥

Edinburgh cycles have a couple in their sale at £699!!

ourmaninthenorth

But surely its the type of rider that's contrived – not the bike itself?

Ahj well, that's always the problem with "marketing" and "lifestyle", isn't it.

If that was mine, I'd push it to the top of the nearest hill, hold on and use the nearest wall to stop…

I'd like to see the look on your doctor's face once you'd picked yourself up.

A very good friend (whose opinion on many things I respect enormously) likes them. It's the one thing on which he and I differ..!

miketually
    Free Member

Pashley are ace. We might be getting a custom-specced model made for our bike loan scheme 🙂

odannyboy
    Free Member

it looks like your grandads old vintage bike….so why not buy an old grandads vintage bike…for a tenth of the price and it would be a proper classic…a no brainer to me

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pashley Guv'nor’ is closed to new replies.