Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Party like a Russian
  • the-muffin-man

Why is this complete and utter rubbish being given radio air time.

[Radio 2 is our default company radio station so we can’t switch it over!]

wwaswas

Why is this complete and utter rubbish being given radio air time. a thread on stw

ftfy 😉

Muke
    Free Member

Radio 2 is our default company radio station so we can’t switch it over

Same problem here….Vanessa Felch followed Mr Ego Evans to put you in a bad mood for the rest of the day 👿

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s not as bad* as that new Pretenders single they played yesterday on Radio 6 of all places.

*Well yes, it is equally bad.

I quite like the new Shakin’ Stevens singe though 😳

akira

Shakey is on fire these days.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Best not post this then..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdYGQ7B0Vew[/video]

nemesis
    Free Member

I quite like it. I mean, I’m not going to buy it but I’d happily enough listen to it…

km79
    Free Member

Radio 2 is our default company radio station so we can’t switch it over

I couldn’t imagine a job with enough good points to outweigh that!

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’d never buy it, but there are plenty of worse songs out there.
    You think that’s bad, you want to try listening to Mary Anne Hobbs on 6 music standing in for Radcliffe and Maconie.
    Utter toss.

jonba
    Free Member

IS the use of the apprentice theme tune* deliberate?

*Is actually taken from somewhere else I know.

drlex
    Free Member

try listening to Mary Anne Hobbs on 6 music standing in for Radcliffe and Maconie.

After 5 minutes yesterday, I switched over to old episodes of Huey Morgan.

avdave2

You think that’s bad, you want to try listening to Mary Anne Hobbs on 6 music standing in for Radcliffe and Maconie.

How can someone so utterly vacuous actually believe that every word they utter is the most profound thing ever said! Unbearable.

joshvegas
    Free Member

The brides in that video have surprisingly deep voices

binners

try listening to Mary Anne Hobbs on 6 music standing in for Radcliffe and Maconie.

Taking you on an interstellar journey, on a musical magic carpet ride through the soundscape?

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! JUST ****ING NO!!!

Not as bad as Radio 2 though.

*shudders*

Northwind

I actually quite like that. I mean, it’s no Davidian, but it’s got a nicely ludicrious swagger to it.

CountZero

I rarely get a chance to listen to 6Music, unless I find myself in a car with DAB, but I do seem to have a greater tolerance for Hobnob than some here, I find her far, far less irritating than Vanessa Phelp, Chris Evans, Sean bloody Keaveny…
    Generally I just let the ramblings of whichever presenter happens to be on wash over me and listen to the music, unless the presenter happens to be someone I particularly like, like Cerys, LaLa, Radcliffe & Maconie.
    Robbie Williams new offering is no more, or less, banal than any of his other offerings, and is certainly far less offensive, in a ‘musical’ fashion, than the utter dross that fills Radio One’s daily playlists, which, unfortunately I’m forced to listen to far too much of, due to my team leader and driver’s habit of listening to it all sodding day!
    Believe me, Hobnob comes as a blessed relief.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Utter toss.

Agreed, I heard her today, what is wrong with her voice? It seems she can’t be bothered to talk properly, not good when your job is on the radio!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Hey at least you don’t have to listen to Capital FM whenever your other half is in the car …

hatter

Poor old Prokofiev, bet he’s spinning like a turbine.

Northwind

john_drummer – Member

Hey at least you don’t have to listen to Capital FM whenever your other half is in the car …

I put Capital on in the garage. Reason being, I hate almost all of it but every once in a blue moon, something comes on that I actually like- and it’s always something that I’d have probably never heard by any other means. Alessia Cara, Macklemore, that one good Major Lazer song, the Car Finance 24/7 advert… Everything else I listen to is pretty much just a feedback loop of stuff I already like

nwmlarge
    Free Member

The song is catchy and a load of rubbish at the same time but I like RW so I think fair play he doesn’t take himself seriously so no need to treat his songs any differently.

maccruiskeen

IS the use of the apprentice theme tune* deliberate?

Its by a russian composer – Sergei Prokofiev. Its part of his adaptation of Romeo and Juliet for ballet

So its a nod to the theme of the song – its probably also out of copyright making for nice uncomplicated sampling clearances.

BoardinBob

😆

Dance of the Knights by Sergei Prokofiev

stumpy01

It’s alright. I wouldn’t go out of my way to turn if off, but wouldn’t seek it out, either.

However, the new Mel C song. Gaaaah! Her voice just doesn’t have a nice tone – so it doesn’t really matter how good the song is, it sounds bloody awful (IMO, of course). She’s in the same boat as Kylie & Chris Martin – I struggle to like any of their music because as well as it being a bit rubbish, I don’t wanna listen to their voices….

johndoh
    Free Member

We put Classic FM on in the office yesterday after surfing few the usual suspects and getting irritated by them all (Absolute Radio, Radios 1, 2 & 6, Planet Rock, Union Jack, Radio X, Virgin Radio etc).

Everyone found it surprisingly enjoyable.

IHN

In terms of broadcasting gravitas, Mary Ann Hobbs makes Jo Whiley look like John Humphries.

Northwind

stumpy01 – Member

However, the new Mel C song. Gaaaah!

It’s Rihanna that does my head in. She’s got a great voice but lately it all sounds like recordings from a brain trauma rehabilitation clinic.

“Now Rihanna, say “work””
    “Wah”
    “Try again
    “Wuh”
    “Better! Again!”
    “Wuh”
    “Now can you get the “r”?”
    “Wah”
    “Ok, not quite so good, try and go back to what you were doing early
    “Wuh”
    “Excellent, let’s leave it there for today. You’re singing really well, for someone with a railroad spike through their head!”

BoardinBob

RW is just bland coffee table dirge.

teethgrinder

2016 has been cruel. Cruellest of all is RW not being taken by the Reaper.

Although it’s not over yet!

DezB
    Free Member

Someone has heard Shakin’ Stevens’ new single? That means the radio are giving it airtime? Shit. No wonder I gave up on radio.

stumpy01

teethgrinder – Member

2016 has been cruel. Cruellest of all is RW not being taken by the Reaper.

I like him. Not bothered by his music, but he doesn’t take himself too seriously. I like that….

natrix
    Free Member

Radio 2 really scraped the barrell with their Bill Wyman special, a self confessed rapist and paedophile 👿 he should be locked up, not on the radio………….

Konastoner
    Free Member

Party like a Russian you say…………………………..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fmblNEc-pk[/video]

scotroutes

I’d been scrolling past this thread unaware of the subject matter until I heard it on local radio today. I thought it was OK. As already said, RW doesn’t seem to take himself that seriously anyway.

Cougar

Cliff Richard’s got a new single out.

stumpy01

Cougar – Moderator

Cliff Richard’s got a new single out.

So has Shakin’ Steven’s!!! They’re pensions must need topping up!!

stumpy01

I meant “their…..” – to late to edit….

Good God, standards are slipping in the grammar police department!!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Party like a Russian’ is closed to new replies.