• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by TimP.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Party Frank locks
  • TimP
    Free Member

Need to get a lock for my daughter’s new Isla bike, and the Party Frank comes in some lovely colours. Anything I should be considering instead? Just for locking up in the park when I don’t have one of my big locks (I know I should always use a big lock etc etc)

Thanks

colonelwax
    Free Member

Road CC review is pretty rubbish.

Having said that, I bought one at the weekend from my local TK Maxx, £7.99. As you say it’s not as secure as a “proper lock” but look nice 🙂

hatter

They look cute but only work as well as any cable lock, they’ll stop a tea leaf who’s just happens to walk past but any habitual thieves carrying any kind of tooling? They’ll be off with it in no time.

Not really an issue with the Knog in fairness.

johnnystorm

I like mine as it’s better than nothing and doesn’t clonk about my frame bag or damage the bike.

isitafox
    Free Member

I bought one each for the kids bikes when they chain them up to the racks at school (there’s a CCTV camera pointing directly at them and they park outside the school office so not really needed) to get them into the habit but they were crap. Both ended up jamming up badly so the key started to bend when trying to unlock, resulted in me having to cut one off (very easily) with a normal pair of snips when the key snapped inside.

TimP
    Free Member

Got one in orange from TK Maxx (thanks for heads up). It does feel a bit flimsy but perfect for what I was after. It is just to stop opportunists while I am at the other end of the playground. For anything more I will have one of my proper locks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Party Frank locks’ is closed to new replies.