Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • parts you wished existed …
  • noltae
    Free Member

I’d quite like a 20mm layback Controltech ti mania seatpost – what non existant part / bike would you like ?

qwerty
    Free Member

953, frame & (truss?) fork, 15.5″, 69er SS, MTB.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

thought control for my seat post and lockout

eddie11
    Free Member

Top cap garmin mounts that aren’t made in Australia withaustralian delivery charges.

rocketman
    Free Member

SPD grips + gloves

A hub gear with a wide range of gears and a sensible price.

Stoner
    Free Member

20mm carbon rigid 1 1/8″ straight steerer 29er forks.

Well, not any more as I have some Jones truss forks. But I did want them for a while.

Oh, and an On-One Monstercross frame & fork (20mm fork, natch) with pompetamine geometry and slotted drop outs.

BigDummy
    Free Member

A dropper post that dropped when you pressed the button, without having to put your weight on the seat.

11-speed XTR shadow+ rear mech in rapid rise.

soma_rich
    Free Member

A hub gear with a wide range of gears and a sensible price.

Good one! Come on Shimano I know your listening!

ndthornton
    Free Member

A hub gear with a wide range of gears and a sensible price

Alfine 11
    there you go

letmetalktomark

Non suspension corrected 29er+ with dropper post compatibility.

craigxxl
    Free Member

SPD grips + gloves

Velcro 😀
    Not sure I’d like that idea. I already cause enough comedy moments for others when I use SPD pedals.

BigJohn

I had a day out on a borrowed Scott Genius which had settings front and rear for climbing and descending. There were about 7 separate levers on the bars, including brakes.

When you came round a corner and saw an unexpected stiff climb right in front of you there was just too much lever pulling to get done in time. I kept longing for on of those great big levers you see on the side of vintage cars, or signal boxes that would set the rear shock and the forks, raise the seatpost, drop into granny ring and shift into a large sprocket with a single pull.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Hub gears without the weight penalty. Love Alfine but hate all that weight at the back.

rogermoore

All mountain side car.
    RM.

bigyinn
    Free Member

29r specific hubs and saddles.

PiknMix
    Free Member

9 speed clutch mech.

midlifecrashes

A hub bottom bracket gear with a wide range of gears and a sensible price.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I would like some rubber filler that I could squidge into the gouges in my otherwise not very worn GP4000s so I don’t have to replace them.

TiRed

I’d like the return of 650c wheels for small road bikes. There are hardly any around these days.

jonnouk
    Free Member

9 speed clutch mech.

Use a SRAM shifter or drill a hole.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I’d like a properly sorted BB system for MTBs that provides equivalent performance to what we get from hubs and headsets these days in terms of strength, durability and not creaking all the time. Basically something for modern BB axles that is as good as square taper BBs used to be.
    Also, MTB tyres with the grip and strength of super tacky dual ply DH tyres but the weight and rolling of XC race tyres.

nemesis
    Free Member

Bar controlled travel adjust/lockout – like Scotts actually but easier to control or even automatic. I used to have a FS which had dual poploc lockout and loved it – smooth climb, lock the fork and shock and it climbed like a rocket (well, when I was fit, it did 🙂 )

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Basically something for modern BB axles that is as good as square taper BBs used to be.

Hope External BB, solved.

jobro
    Free Member

I would like a Shimano 10 speed cassette with a 40 tooth top. Maybe 13-40?

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Close, but until they last for the entire life of a frame without maintenance, not quite.

Speeder

A silent* Hope rear hub.

All I want is the sound of my tyres on the ground and the wind whistling through my helmet all with the backup of excellent Hope’s service.

* I don’t just mean less noisy (though that’d be nice) I mean silent as in a clutch mechanism giving at least equal pickup but zero noise.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

easily changed cleats for clipless pedals

bigyinn
    Free Member

robinlaidlaw – Member

Close, but until they last for the entire life of a frame without maintenance, not quite.
    Even when I was using square tapers on a daily basis on my commute bike they didnt last the life of the frame.

colande
    Free Member

a front mech that is properly designed for mtb crankset to be used with road drop shifters, for touring.

I know there are workarounds, have got something to work but it’s not 100% perfect. Basically I find 48/38/28 to big for fully laden touring.

michaelbowden

theflatboy – Member

I would like some rubber filler that I could squidge into the gouges in my otherwise not very worn GP4000s so I don’t have to replace them.

Super glue!

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Specialized Command Post with static external cable. Never going to happen due to its design, but would keep me going til I get a new frame.

Specialized Pitch with internal dropper routing and 44mm/tapered head tube.

fathomer

A proper 10 speed Shimano 11-40 cassette and compatible mech.

I know there a bodges but I want proper, compatible kit!

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Cartridge bearings in components that came with a decent amount of high-quality grease as standard, instead of the photocopier-grade vaseline you get in most of them.

8-speed 13-36 (or bigger) cassette.

I also second the calls for 8/9-speed compatible clutch mechs, and bottom brackets that are as reliable as they used to be (but see the top of the post for further details).

kimbers

an XT 10speed 11-40 cassette (just like fathomer said)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

A standard that really is standard that manufactures stick to.

mcnultycop

A 10-38 Shimano Cassette.

noltae
    Free Member

Brass nipples with anodized alloy outer – function and fashion !

unovolo
    Free Member

More ‘Standard’ standards across the board,
    Currently there are 3 different wheel sizes plus 29+/Fat bike tyres.
    Numerous different BB standards all claiming to be the best.
    Different PCD’s for chain rings.
    Different Axle widths and lengths.
    Different amounts of ‘Pull’ for shifters, wouldnt it be nice if you wanted to be able to use a Sram shifter with a Shimano mech(or vice versa)without having to tinker.
    Different headsets 1-1/8, 1.5 plus the specials like Giants system,integrated, external, etc.
    And so on ,and so on.

I remember when bikes were pretty simple things , and I’m sure half of the above has no tangible benefit my Geared road bike has a 1 inch steerer and feels no different in stiffness than my singlespeed with 1-1/8 steerer both with Carbon forks.

tomaso
    Free Member

Secure garage..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘parts you wished existed …’ is closed to new replies.