Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Parts recommendations please
  • rab5474
    Free Member

Good evening STW

I am currently building a bike for my wife ( her first proper mtb), I started with a small 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara rim brake only complete bike, i have sourced some 15mm QR120mm recon golds, new bars, stem, female specific saddle, xt disc for the front and HS33 for the rear.

I am coming unstuck when it comes to the wheels, i am not in the position to be buying brand new parts ( incase she doesnt take to riding). I have came accross plenty of mavic crossrides on flebay, but most fronts seem to be 9mm and i require 15mm, are they convertable? And most rears are disc wheels, can these be used with rim brakes? Or can anyone suggest a better wheelset to look out for, or indeed have anything they are looking to shift.

Thanks guys and gals

jameso

’03 GF frame was 80-100mm, may not be a good match for 120mm recons, can you knock them down to 100mm?
    Best wheel option could be some of those ‘do-all’ pre-builts, M-Part Madison wheels use mid-range disc hubs on rim-brake rims. some here 15mm front may be trickier to match up.

rab5474
    Free Member

Thanks jameso
    its running on 80mm RS Jetts at the minute, i plan to knock the recons down to 100mm but also need some travel reducers if anyone has any lying around so i can experiment with the travel, I’ve had a look at those wheels and the problem seems to be as you said, sourcing a 15mm front. I guess thats why i have been drawn to the crossrides as they seem convertable

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Parts recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.