Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Part of my new build has turned up – I'm a BIT excited…
  • jameso

The last time I saw his £12k 0.7, it was in having the hubs rebuilt after he rode it through a river to wash it off after a rainy sportif.

That’s what we like to hear – spend what you like on a bike, just don’t baby it and use it properly..

Look fwd to seeing what you build up here. Not my style but I love extreme examples of bikes and this has plenty of potential. The car inspiration, well I doubt any bike will be that cool, but I like it and the aspiration is bold! The name of the bike? Pure bike-nerd style, top marks! )

flange
    Free Member

Rubbish photo, but it’s coming together…

wwaswas

I wish my shed had that many bike boxes in it.

organic355
    Free Member
    letmetalktomark

Looks 8) – Stem looks a bit out of place though – bit too chunky.

GW
    Free Member

Cool balance bike there son 😉

the red def does spoil it BTW 😉

velocipede
    Free Member

It does all seem a bit mad, spending so much, until you think about it a bit….

…I was watching the Dauphine last night on TV and every single road bike in that peleton would cost upwards of £10k, and they are pretty much throw away items! (admittedly they haven’t paid for them). Also, I went to watch the Tour a few seasons ago and saw the finish of the Etape – there were bloody thousands of bikes in the £10k+ range, all ridden by “ordinary” roadies…..there’s loads of cash out there, just sadly not in my pocket!

Good luck with the build – looks fab – and I’m looking forward to reading all about it 😀

neilforrow

where are the pics!!!

martinxyz
    Free Member

He spent the money for a camera he had his eye on.. on the spokes ;O)

bedmaker

Lovely, lovely bike.

It’s fair to say I’ll have it handed to me on a regular basis. But as mentioned, it’s all relative. Some of my mates spend thousands on fishing gear, one chap I know races an M3 and that runs into tens of thousands a year. And he never wins. To me, cycling is more important that say going out getting hammered every weekend. Or having a really flash TV or audio equipment.

Amen.

I’m waiting for my very expensive carbon MTB to arrive. I’ll ride it 2-3 times most weeks for the next few years so I’d consider it great VFM.

Compared to my brother who has done a few stage rallies as a navigator with a mate..
    Very cheap rallycar (Legacy Turbo) £5000ish plus many garage hours
    Entry fee for rally £800 each
    Fuel, helmet, suits etc etc.
    Gets used around 3 days a year – 1 local rally and a few gravel sprints. Last snowman rally they went into a huuuge snowbank (along with around half the field!) on stage 1. £800 down the drain.

matt_outandabout

CLEG brakes? Do they know what a Cleg is up north?

kayak23

Is it me, or are your rims called Dave?

😀

scaredypants

Is it me, or are your rims called Dave?

says “onion” to me

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Have you got really weak fore finger and thumb? you’d best get a servo fitted to them there red brakes!!!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

I take it you must work for SC/Niner UK judging by pic of it built plus the fact you could actually afford all thate
    Call me envious heehee
    If those forks are not 15mm Qr then that is a spoiler for moi 😛

rwc03
    Free Member

Hurry Up!

RRD
    Free Member

Right, what am I missing, why is this mech so special?

How much?

tomhoward

Right, what am I missing, why is this mech so special?

‘leccy, innit.

Rik
    Free Member

Flange – does your shop deal with K-Edge or did you go direct.

As I would like one of the custom band-on front mech mounts they make for MTB di2 as it shifts the road mech over a few mm’s – so would be perfect for using a normal road front mech on a monstercross type bike.

bikebouy
    Free Member

More Pics required please…

flange
    Free Member

How do all

The shop I use deals with K-Edge direct. Give Rob, Matt or Stu a call at Lifecycles Bildeston and they can sort you out.

Don’t work for Niner/Jungle, just wanted something nicer than what I race on now.

Pics to follow, word is its now complete…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wooooooo nice.. excited?

Bet you are.

Rik
    Free Member

Flange – Will do thanks

flange
    Free Member

Wooooooo nice.. excited?

Massively – race at the weekend made me think 29er is deffo the way forward. Just need the legs and lungs to power it now….sadly you can’t buy those

atlaz
    Free Member

Just need the legs and lungs to power it now….sadly you can’t buy those

There’s a pending doping case that suggests otherwise 😉

neilforrow

Flange, where are the as built pics!!!

how are you getting on with the di2?

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Part of my new build has turned up – I'm a BIT excited…’ is closed to new replies.