Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Part conversion van insurance
  • piemonster

I’ve got a quote from Adrian Flux

There are others but I can’t remember who they are at present. The van won’t qualify as a camper but the planned work will result in our present insurer not covering the vehicle.

Any recommendations?

tomd
    Free Member

Currently with Brentacre, I’ve alternated between them and Adrian Flux for my van which is 90% a camper but still classed as a van. Adrian Flux covered me while I was doing the mods and were very easy to deal with.

jaminb
    Free Member

liverpool Victoria – my t5 has been in a state of conversion for the last 2 years with no problem at time of renewal

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

I tried Brentacre but a careful look at their conditions put me off. Can’t recall what it was though, sorry.

NFU and Flux both covered my partially converted van.

piemonster

NFU and Brentacre, that’s who I was trying to remember. Will check LV as well.

And will check the T&Cs rigorously as well.

welshfarmer

Currently with Brentacre. Start of policy as normal panel van with all mods declared. Add any changes or mods (other than engine) as and when with no increase in policy price. But…. still insured for full business use and towing which was the most important thing for me.

IHN

I’ve been with Adrian Flux ever since I self converted my van in 2010

jairaj

I’m also with Brentacre, they were happy with the van being a work in progress. I just have to call them up to inform them of the changes I’ve done so they are up to speed and if any of the work I’ve carried out increases the value of the van. They don’t care if the van never gets finished. Although you get some better features if you finish the van and get it reclassified, I think longer cover period when in EU and possibly covers higher value of items stored in the van.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Aviva was loads cheaper for my modified van than AF

RustyNissanPrairie

I was with Brentacre, I had a collision with an uninsured, unregistered offroad mxer riding on the road, police threw the book at him, he still claimed personnel injury against me @£25k, can’t remember who Brentacre represent but they wouldn’t contest it.
    My renewals went seriously mental so I sorned the van for a year till things calmed down again.
    My 2p worth

piemonster

Well, in the end it’s either Brentacre or Flux on the basis I hope I never have to test the policy.

Then when the next renewal comes along NFU who are happy to insure the modifications but only after the work is done. And so long as it’s professionally converted.

Aviva wouldnt touch it.

BoardinBob

Admiral have a partially converted option in their mods list on their online quote tool. They were significantly cheaper than Adrian Flux or Brentacre

mattbee

I went with A Plan in the same situation as they were cheapest.

Marin
    Free Member

Quoteline direct come in way cheaper than anyone else for me.

Marin
    Free Member

Sorry. It’s van not part conversion still cheap though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Part conversion van insurance’ is closed to new replies.