Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Parking/leaving a vehicle on the M5/M6 around B'ham
  • singletracksurfer

Is there anywhere safe to leave a vehicle for a couple of days?

Basically I’m sharing a lift with someone and heading on northwards so need to meet around B’ham. Off the M5 in south B’ham ideally, but could be off the M6.

Want it to be safe, although there won’t be anything left in it.
    Don’t mind paying if needed.

Thanks.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Isn’t there a “rent my drive” type website?

lunge

One option would be to find a nice looking residential street and dump it there. I can give you a few ideas around M5 J3 (Halesowen) or J4 (Bromsgrove) if that helps? 2 days won’t be long enough to get you clamped or arrise too much suspicion.

Train stations spring to mind if you want a proper car park. Rowley Regis station is 5 mins from M5 J2 and has a huge, CCTV covered car park. I have a feeling the cost is pretty minimal (it may even be free) and I know you’ll be fine leaving a car there for a couple of days. Stourbridge Junction is a bit further from the motorway (15 mins from M5 J4) and also has a big, free car park.

singletracksurfer

Residential street would be ideal J4, or J3 if not would be great, thanks.

I’ll look into those train stations too, which might be good if there is no height restriction.

Ah yeah ‘Rent my drive’ might be useful too, always thought of that as being for around London and city centres.

Cheers

lunge

The main car park at Stourbridge has no height restriction, the overflow does. Not sure on Rowley but I would guess there is a restriction in place.

Residential streets, try Lydiate Ash Road or anywhere on Aston Fields which is near Bromsgrove station station (try New Road as a start point). In fact, the area around Bromsgrove station in general as worth a sniff.

simon_g
    singletracksurfer

Thanks will look into those.

singletracksurfer

Just Park is great, cheers.

Scamper
    Free Member

You can leave it outside my house if you want – A few minutes from Junction 4, M5 in the “NW Alps”. Longbridge/Rugeley, although I say I live in Barnt Green

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Residential street would be ideal

yeah, just get your locks glued by an irate resident…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Parking/leaving a vehicle on the M5/M6 around B'ham’ is closed to new replies.