Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Parking ticket – worth disputing or rolling over?
  • Clong
    Free Member

If it’s a proper PCN, then it’ll be the council – you’ll need to appeal

No, it states a “Parking Charge Notice” not a “Penalty Charge Notice” and unless the new forest district council or the MET office has moved their offices to Newton Abbot, it was not issued by the county council or the police.

Company that issued it is Premier parking solutions btw.

Cougar

Seems pretty obvious what he was playing at, then.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

From that link – does this make anyone else angry?

At a Proceeds of Crime hearing on Friday, 19 January Linda Clark was found to have benefited to the sum of £352,951 and was ordered to pay £42,987.

So she ‘earned’ £310k net, wow, that showed her.

aracer
    Free Member

Genius:

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/54078

Is anybody else really torn by somebody conning able bodied people using disabled parking bays (I’m naively assuming they didn’t ticket people displaying blue badges – must be plenty of opportunity without having to resort to that)?

I presume the amount she was made to pay back was related to the assets she had – hence the other bloke only being made to pay back £1. Hard to make somebody pay money they don’t have – you run into human rights issues if you try to go to far.

piemonster

According to the the internerd

According to the BPA figures, and we know they never lie, there were 1.8 million private tickets issued in 2011, of which approx. 31% went unpaid, so that’s about 550,000. 845 resulted in court claims, 49 went to court, 25 successfully defended.

Taken from a forum, and no source linked. Treat with caution.

redstripe
    Free Member

Update; 3 months later not a dickie bird, can I sleep easy at night etc

Clong
    Free Member

Update from me: I’ve had 3 letters, 1 from premier car park solutions and 2 from the debt collection agency. The amount owed varies between them all. Quick trawl through the interweb shows that the car park firm and the debt collecting firm are owned by the same individual. No sleep lost here either, i forget about it until one of their begging letters arrive.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Had this about a year ago.
    1st letter from APC (Parking co)
    2nd & 3rd from Solicitors who represent APC (same address apparently)
    Both increasing amounts with increasing amount of threat.
    Then silence.

BoardinBob

You’ll get another couple of begging letters where they lower the amount you can pay. Ignore everything and never contact them.

globalti
    Free Member

Mine were better:

1st letter from the parking co. demanding £120 with a 50% discount for early payment.

2nd from their “lawyers” demanding £120 plus costs etc etc.

3rd from a debt collection agency with the words “BAILIFF” on the front (really scared Mrs Gti, that one, I had a job keeping her from panicking and paying them.)

4th from a different debt collection agency suggesting I paid £80 to be let off, then 5th letter suggesting £50 to be let off, meaning they’d given up hope.

All of letters 2, 3, 4 and 5 bore the same crappy illegible computer-generated signature. I’m tempted to write anonymously to goad them but guess this might be unwise. In my case it was obviously some muppet sitting in an office in Rochdale feeding different letterheads into a printer and licking the envelopes in the hope that the hit rate would be enough to pay their wages and enrich the boss.

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Parking ticket – worth disputing or rolling over?’ is closed to new replies.