Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Parking on my way into London on the M40
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Any suggestions? Don’t mind paying, would prefer a real car park rather than Park n Go.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Train from point of origin?

molgrips
    Free Member

£76 each, there are two of us.

4ags4
    Free Member

Hillingdon tube station….£6 all day, much less at a w/e.
    (as long as you’re there early enough)

richmtb

Well I definitely wouldn’t park on the M40!

TheGingerOne

Park on the side of the B4009 at the M40 Lewknor junction and get the Oxford bus that stops there on the way to London and back – or else Hillingdon as suggested previously

ourmaninthenorth

Westfield shopping centre in White City.

£8 for 24 hours.

Right next to the Central and Hammersmith & City lines.

scuttler

“Park on the side of the B4009 at the M40 Lewknor junction”

I think that might fail the ‘real car park’ test. I’ve never parked there but it looks like an epic car crime hot spot.

TP
    Free Member

As above. Westfield is great.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Sign up for Smart Parking at Westfield (on their site) and you get it for £6 instead of £8

onewheelgood

Perivale tube station has a car park – which you can nearly always get in to. If you don’t find a space then there is not much else around, so you will need a Plan B.

deadkenny
    Free Member

richmtb – Member 
    Well I definitely wouldn’t park on the M40!

That’s what the M25 is for.

TheGingerOne

Scuttler, people have been parking there daily for probably more than 20 years now. The bus even diverts off the motorway especially. If there was an issue, they probably wouldn’t be doing that and I wouldn’t have suggested it!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Depending on the time of day then Westfield is ideal. If you need to be there at 830am midweek the traffic could be hideous from the M25 (could take 60mins+ easily if it’s bad), so you could park at Beaconsfield or Gerrards Cross and get the fast train (20mins) into Marylebone for £13 each plus £6 to park. Much faster than the tube (again, depending where in London you need to get to)

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. Slough might work, it’s £18 return to London from there. We could come in on the M4 or M40.

Westfield is good but that A40 looks like it might be really busy in rush hour?

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I live near where the M40 becomes the A40 and yes, it is a nightmare at anytime between 7 and 9am. I’d park at Beaconsfield or Gerrards Cross (both v close to M40 junctions and have station carparks) and get the fast train into Marylebone.

Slough goes into Paddington which is less central so depends where in London you need to get to?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m more worried about coming out of town on the A40 at around say 4.30pm

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Yes equal carnage! I try and avoid driving in when possible but if I have to, it takes at least an hour, often more, to get from Central London to the start of the M40 from 4pm to 7pm.

Unless it’s the school holidays in which case it’s normally half that time.

molgrips
    Free Member

Gerrard’s cross looks ok then. Might discount Slough because I do the M4 all the sodding time.

molgrips
    Free Member

We have to get to Southbank. I wonder if there’s a really super quiet way we could cycle.. my wife’s afraid of cars though.

annebr
    Free Member

“Southbank” – Then the train into Marylebone would be a good choice as you get straight onto the Bakerloo line and get off at Waterloo right beside the Southbank.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s only two stops closer than Paddington.

takisawa2

Depends where your travelling in from…
    Either of the Ruislip tube stations have parking. Hillingdon has a big car park. Tube takes a good 40 mins but it’s way cheaper than the train though, if travelling in before 9. There’s parking at Sear Green & Jordans, pretty sure there’s street parking too but could be a good walk.
    We’ve parked at Wembley Ikea before, big multi storey, Neasden tube is just over the North Circular. I rang & asked Ikea once, they said just buy a hot dog. 🙂

If it were me I’d book a Just Park spot, hang around & grab a bite before heading back out after 7pm. There’s a load of spaces under Euston, right at the start of the congestion zone, we paid £8 for the day.

molgrips
    Free Member

Agree about the tube being cheap, but I hate being on them for 40 mins. Don’t mind it in small doses but I feel sick after that long!

Thanks folks. May try the tube anyway to save £.

takisawa2

Agree with the tube, it’s not my favourite means of conveyance, but it’s above ground for most of it.

nickc

look at catching train from Princes Risborough? Off at Junc 6 it’s a 20 mins drive, then train in?

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not the undergroundness, it’s the quality of the line and discomfort of the seats.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

look at catching train from Princes Risborough? Off at Junc 6 it’s a 20 mins drive, then train in?

Better High Wycombe and save 20 mins drive off M40.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Wembley , £2.50 parking overground and underground

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Where are you coming in from and what time/ day?

Where on London are you traveling to?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Parking on my way into London on the M40’ is closed to new replies.