Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Parking in South Kensington?
  • palmer77
    Free Member

Hey, visiting the Natural History Museum at the weekend, where is the best and cheapest place to park?

CountZero

Kings Mall, Hammersmith. Less than five minutes from Hammersmith tube, if you’re coming in from the west. Much closer and you’re into congestion zone costs. From midday-ish to gone eleven at night is usually around £15.

takisawa2

Surely the tube would be easier…coming from the grim north, we park for free at Ikea & get the tube in, but last time we parked at Seer Green, out by the M40/M25 & got the train in.

palmer77
    Free Member

Hey, yep on my own I would agree, but taking two little uns for a long day out at the museums.

Anybody tried parking at Imperial College, looks quite reasonable.

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/facilitiesmanagement/security/carparking/car%20parking%20information%20for%20the%20general%20public

aracer
    Free Member

The little ones will doubtless love the tube – if they’re old enough to take to museums they’re old enough to take on the tube.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Kensington Town Hall?

kimbers

imperial is certainly close no idea they actually had public parking there

there is a small pay car park off harringdon road (very close to the museums)
    its this one just here, not sure how expensive it will be
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=sw3+6jb&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=29.358024,52.734375&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=London+SW3+6JB,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.493777,-0.177986&spn=0.000703,0.002631&t=h&z=19
    edit heres a contact for it
    http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1071/29396.php
    hammersmith and tube in is not a bad idea tbh

palmer77
    Free Member

kimbers, do you have an idea of price at all, I couldn’t see it on the link?

kimbers
    palmer77
    Free Member

Hey, thanks 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    The little ones will doubtless love the tube – if they’re old enough to take to museums they’re old enough to take on the tube.

Agreed.

Parking around there is pretty awful and public transport aroudn there is superb. Simples.

brassneck

Just done it with 3 sprogs in from the west – Paddington, tube round to South Kensington .. as long as you don’t go in rush hour it’s fine.
    Youngest in stroller (a few stairs to carry up between you mind), middle one in backpack eldest (5) was walking and being directed. They loved the journey as much as the museum.
    Ask at the station for a group ticket – we were told about this by the conductor, it was cheaper than 2 adults plus one child with a railcard.. though it depends on the age of your children ofc.

I wouldn’t consider driving there, I had to work around the corner and parking was the most stressful part of the job.. couldn’t get a server under my arm on the train you see.

Oh, and keep an eye on them – middle son (2 going on 3) got proper parent panicking lost. Twice. He was fine, Mother less so.

palmer77
    Free Member

Hey,

One 3 1/2, one 1 1/2. It’s going to be a Saturday and the thought behind driving was that they can then sleep in the car on the way back which will be about 1 1/2 hours.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Parking in South Kensington?’ is closed to new replies.