• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grum.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Parking in Hebden Bridge?
  • mbr30
    Free Member

Planning on doing some much overdue biking around Hebden Bridge (local shops need a bit of support) and I’m just wondering whether anyone knows of a good parking spot. Basically i’m ridiculously precious about my 4 wheels and my paranoia about door dints would likely ruin my ride! Somewhere quiet please!

woody2000

Get the train, much easier. It’s a tiny & busy place, if you’re bothered about your car then don’t take it.

MadBillMcMad
    B.A.Nana
    Free Member

try new Road or Shelf road

In 30 years of motoring I’ve only twice had a car broken into and one of those occasions was exactly where your arrow is pointing, whilst I was out on an MTB ride. 🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

Last time I rode there (few years ago now) I parked at the top of Pecket well and hit that descent.

RustySpanner

Just park on the main road past the station and walk back in.
    It’s the only stress free way if it’s busy.

Or as above, just park on your route and ride in?

porlus
    Free Member

Could always use the free parking up in Heptonstall. Narrow side street on the right before the deli.

jamesr
    Free Member

For the moment, Calderdale have waived all parking restrictions in Hebden.
    So you can street park or use the car parks FOC.

nigew
    Free Member

Just park on the main road past the station and walk back in
    And possibly have your mirror knocked off!
    There are also traffic lights on that part of the A646 at the moment.
    Try Hangingroyd Lane area or at the end of Caldene Avenue in Mytholmroyd

hora
    Free Member

Evening’. With the rain still to predicted to come I’d sadly park further up and ride down/around? Are the shops up and running now? I’ll get there this weekend.

grum
    Free Member

Train is definitely a good option if you’re fussy about your car – lots of small busy roads with tight squeezes and bends.

Many (most?) shops back up and running now, some in pop-up places dotted around rather than their usual premises. If you’re passing and you have a log-burner please pop in to Able Fuels in Charlestown and grab some wood.

Nice guy who was hot very hard by the floods both at home and in his business – he was just about keeping going last time I went in, only thanks to people who’d seen about what had happened to him on Facebook.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Parking in Hebden Bridge?’ is closed to new replies.