Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Parking in Eastbourne
  • timwillows
    Free Member

I'm thinking of doing the SDW next week and leaving a car in Eastbourne to bring me and the bike back home. Any locals recommend a good place to park, preferably free and safe.
    Cheers

robdeanhove
    Free Member

If you're flexible, with the current predicted wind direction, I'd look at doing it Winchester-Eastbourne rather than ride along an exposed ridge into a headwind all day!

For reference of train conditions fancy posting your trrget and/or actual time on this thread here before and/or after?

SDW TIMES THREAD

Oh, and erm, sorry, I can't actually help, but above and next to Paradise drive is all residential, and a safe distance from town IIRC, so plenty of safe, free parking.

Good luck, and enjoy it!

Rob

avdave2

Just to confirm the wind is really bad at the moment. I had to run a mile of my commute yesterday as every time I tried to ride I was blown off the track and into the ploughed field. On the grass the fields I had to tack as I was being blown sideways down the hill. Hopefully it'll calm down by next week.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Oh, I see, just re-read, that'd be leaving a car for when you finish.

In that case do it quick, you'll barely have to pedal the wind's that strong! Wear the baggiest jacket you have and hold your arms out to make a sail and 7:30 should be yours 😉

timwillows
    Free Member

Yep, planning on a leisurely Winchester -> Eastbourne over two days. I know lots of folk who have done it in a day, but few that have enjoyed it! Not at the peak of fitness at the moment either, so going slow and having fun.

StuE
    Free Member

Also doing it over 2 days and looking for parking but don't mind paying as long is it's secure

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Upper Dukes Drive maybe?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Seaford,+East+Sussex,+United+Kingdom&ll=50.752029,0.262653&spn=0.002369,0.004823&t=h&z=18

There's always cars parked along this bottom part of it, free, not right outside someone's house, and a quiet back road into Eastbourne and the seafront, and easy to get into town if you need to get the train after parking your car and a good run down from Beachy Head when you finish. Any further into town and you'll be having to pay for parking. Also the residential areas north, and north east (Meads area I think) of here are safe quiet areas for parking.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Parking in Eastbourne’ is closed to new replies.