Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Parking in Brighton
  • Flashy
    Free Member

We’re coming down for a long weekend to see War of the World’s in December. Our hotel has no parking and I know the NCP is rediculous. I used to park in Hove and skateboard in but I believe Hove now has permit parking. Is there anywhere centralish (near station / front) anyone can suggest for 2 days and 2 overnight parks?
    Cheers

wwaswas

You could try Portslade (West of Boundary Road) and a train in?

slugwash
    Free Member

The residential area North of Elm Grove and East of the Lewes Road (not far from The Level) is where I usualy leave the car to avoid parking fees when I’m in that neck of the woods.

thomthumb
    Free Member

hahaha. parking is ridiculous in b’;town now!

try the park and ride at withdean.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Park & Ride FTW!

tomaso
    Free Member

Park at Falmer and get train into Brighton – its only £4.20 per day
    falmer rail car park

JRTG
    Free Member

As above, out lying area and train it in. Some areas far west of hove ok. Shoreham is ok too and safe area but a train station car park has CCTV. I love living here but parking is a PITA

flashes
    Free Member

Cheers, I may investigate North of Elm Grove. How much is parking at the Marina, that’s skateboardable………….

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Last time I was at the marina It was free (the big multistory) dont know if theres a time limit

theotherjonv

We normally drive into Rottingdean and get a bus along the front from there, but not sure what it’d be like for overnight.

tomaso
    Free Member

When I was a teenager we’d skate in from Rottingdean from my mates for a days skating in town and then skate back late. Happy days!

grievoustim
    Free Member

The area north of elm grove, east of the lewes road is where I live – permit free and a shortish walk / very short bus ride into town

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Marina has a four hour time limit.

flashes
    Free Member

grievoustim,

Do you think it would be possible to abandon the car north of Elm Grove for a long weekend? Would it be easy-ish to find space arriving on a Saturday.
    Cheers for the help guys…………

wwaswas

Top tip: don’t leave it outside someone’s house for that long.

You’d be amazed how pee’d off people just outside controlled parking zones are with people doing that 😉

It may not be ‘their space’ but when a whole road fills up with tourist cars on a Friday night and the drivers all toddle off with a weekends worth of luggage there’s occasionally words exchanged and threats of damage made.

Maybe get the train?

grievoustim
    Free Member

Flashes – yes it won’t be a problem. And there is no noticeable issue with obvious “people here for the weekend” parking. Half hour walk to the sea front feels like nothing to me but would put most off I guess

We’re a lot more chilled on the east side than the up tight Hove residents like wwaswas 😉

wwaswas

Bloody green middle class hippy ‘East Brighton’ residents probably don’t run cars anyway 😉

Worse we had was a Dutch camper van parked outside for 8 weeks without moving. In the end the council stuck ‘move it or we’ll tow it’ sticker on it. Took a mechanic a day to get it running before they could drive it away.

It is a bit of a pain when you can’t park in your own road due to commuter/tourist cars but as long as you’re sensible it’ll be ok.

I’d still go for the road just by the level crossing at Portslade and get the train into Brighton though. Probably as quick aqs coming in on the A23/A27 and getting to where Tim is suggesting as traffic is less on that side of the city.

flashes
    Free Member

1/2 walk through Brighton would be a pleasure. We have the camper vans outside our house issue, so I always park sensibly. Thanks again for the advice.

timbur
    Free Member

North of Preston Park is still permit free. Try Varndean Road. I’ve got a flat there and there’s always parking on the road. Easy bus in. It’ll be fine for the weekend as well.
    Tim

Taff
    Free Member

Normally catch the train in but parked in Trafalgar Street car park last time. Costs £12-50 for 24hrs though

Flashy
    Free Member

Thanks guys, worked a treat and war of the world’s was fab…………

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Parking in Brighton’ is closed to new replies.