Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Parking for Grenoside
  • sharkattack

Is there anywhere other than the official ‘Grenoside Woods Car Park’ that’s acceptable to park a van for a few hours? Without upsetting any residents or being clamped?

I’m only asking because I’m totally paranoid about parking there now, especially during the week when it’s quiet. I’ve seen loads of Facebook posts with pictures of broken windows and open doors. And I’ve got a white van with blacked out rear windows that are easy opened with bricks. I know because I’ve had it done before.

I also know someone who parked his Golf on Station road at the other end of Wharncliffe and someone folded his passenger side door in half just for a jacket and a rummage in the glove box. Which is just taking the piss on all levels.

It’s completely put me off going up there recently, which I need to get over because it’s my girlfriends favourite spot.

thejesmonddingo

Park in Oughtibridge,and ride through Wharncliffe woods to Grenoside?
    Edit. I mean the centre of Oughtibridge.not Station Lane.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Have a word with the landlord at the Top Red Lion pub, 5 mins down the road
    Sure he won’t mind, especially if you buy a pint afterwards.
    This is what I did at the weekend !

Tracey

As above, landlord is quite amicable, finish up on the Pub Run and grab a drink. I usually pop in before the ride to see if its OK and always have a drink afterwards. Its worth the drink for me.

ifindoubtflatout
    Free Member

Theres a couple of of lay-bys on either side of the A61 just before you reach the Norfolk Arms as you enter Grenoside…..one of the main roads so always busy. It’s a steady spin upto the top of Greno but it’s down hill all the way home on some sweet single-track.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Parking for Grenoside’ is closed to new replies.