Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Parking for Celtic Park / Parkhead, Glasgow for the cup final – advice please
  • geoffj

Coming from Perth and due to the rail restrictions, I’m looking to drive.
    My current thinking is to park near Cambuslang and getting the train to Dalmarnock and walking up the Clyde Gateway.
    Is this a really stupid idea?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Not really all that bad an idea, don’t really know what the parking is like to be honest, I don’t drive. But it’s an easy stoat up from dalmarnock, have they reopened the station(if not bridgton is walkable )? I always get the bus or walk from the town or rutherglen these days(when I decide to turn up).

If I ever get a lift from any of my mates they park in here usually, in the triangle at queen mary street/bernard terrace area, where ever you find a spot around there really. You’ll get harrassed for a quid of 2 from the young team though for looking after your motor, as it’s residential.

http://binged.it/1my1yLo

seosamh77
    Free Member

btw if it’s anything like a celtic game, you’ll be packed like sardines heading back to cambuslang after the game.

geoffj

Thanks guys, a couple more options there.

btw if it’s anything like a celtic game, you’ll be packed like sardines heading back to cambuslang after the game.

I’m hoping that most of the crowds will just be heading east, rather than in and around Glasgow, but we’ll have to see.

I’m going to have a couple of 10 year olds with me too, so the lower stress the better.

seosamh77
    Free Member

geoffj – Member
    Thanks guys, a couple more options there.

I’m hoping that most of the crowds will just be heading east, rather than in and around Glasgow, but we’ll have to see.

I’m going to have a couple of 10 year olds with me too, so the lower stress the better.aye I was actually thinking that myself, reckon you’ll be alright heading to camby.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Drive – M74, park on London Road outside/nr Celtic Supporter Club and walk 10-15mins to stadium. Works for me coming in from the East.

I just park somewhere near glasgow green and walk. It’s easy to get back onto the m74 from there and by the time you get back to the car the traffic will have died down.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I always used to park on London road to the east of the stadium, but they’ve restricted that on matchdays now. The streets to the north of London Road have plenty of space and that’s where I head for now. M73 > M74 > LR then turn right as close to the stadium as you can get.

“Watch yer car, mister?”

novaswift
    Free Member

Always park at the biscuit factory off London road

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Parking for Celtic Park / Parkhead, Glasgow for the cup final – advice please’ is closed to new replies.