Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Parking for Albert Dock, Liverpool
  • Harry_the_Spider

Going on Sunday to the Maritime Museum. Where is the best place to park for the day?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Liverpool One
    Then pop along here for a chortle.

matt_outandabout
    loddrik
    Free Member

All parking is roughly the same price tbh. There is a pay and display on Jamaica St at the junction of Blundell St which will be a bit cheaper. If you’re not too bothered about price then you can’t go wrong with Liverpool One car park which is as central as you can be. Entrance goes underground on the Strand.

timc
    Free Member

Presume you’re coming from Manchester way? if you don’t mind a short walk here is an easy & cheap option, I park here every day for my city centre job when I drive.

Parking

colp

There’s open air all day parking off Chapel Street/Tempest Hey, I think it’s a £5. Liverpool One will be exactly “$1 million dollars” for the whole day.

globalti
    Free Member

There is a small area of open air parking on Gower Street outside the Premier Inn, but you’ll need a big pocket full of pound coins unless they now accept payment by Paybyphone.

In the Titanic exhibition, which is excellent, be sure to check out the three big panels showing the names of the passengers who died in each class – sobering.

Also don’t miss the slavery museum, which will show you how much of the wealth of port cities like Bristol, Liverpool and Cardiff (and the cotton towns) is linked to slavery.

binners

You’ve probably planned it already, but its worth getting the ferreeeeeeeee cross de Meeeeeeeeerseeeeeey to check out the U-Boat

You can play with enigma machines ‘n stuff

colp

And the cafe there (Home) does a really good eggs benedit

surfer
    Free Member

Drive past the Baltic Triangle with the docks on the right and turn left just after the Baltic Fleet pub into Kings Dock Street, Cant remember exact price but one of the cheapest around and plently of space so you are not 10″ away from the next car. You can retrace your steps and have a pint in the Fantastic Baltic Fleet pub 🙂

tillydog
    Free Member

Get the tour of the old docks under then shopping centre too – it’s free, but you need to book with the maritime museum.

grim168
    Free Member

What surfer said. That’s the one we use.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

A short walk a way near Cains brewery! My not secret any more free parking spot is Brindley St, use it while it lasts. The surrounding area is getting gentrified and on street parking just won’t do when there’s money to be made. There used to be loads of parking round there but the council constantly keep adding restrictions, because they can.

Most of my Manchester city centre ones have gone the same way, not because of nuisance, because there’s money to be made.

binners

The only redeeming feature of the financial meltdown was that car parks that had been boarded off to become flats chucked up in 5 minutes Landmark Developments reverted to car parks again.

That’s all over again. But we’re triggering Article this month, so give it two years, then you’ll be able to park in a northern city centre for a reasonable price again.

That City centre may be on fire. And petrol may be 7 quid a litre, but let’s take the positives eh 😀

Marin
    Free Member

I used to like the sub when it was dumped in Birkenhead docks for a while. Made a wrong turn once and found a submarine on bricks at the side of the road. Not often do you see that.
    Liverpool One must be the most expensive place and is a monument to the awful bland consumer sucking high streets we develop so well in the U.K. Avoid at all costs.

project
    Free Member

Drive down the m56 /m53 and park for free at seacombe ferry, explore the sub and the museum there then accross on the ferry to the pier head, maitime museum , museumn of liverpool has just reopened after being re waterprofed and rebuilt a bit inside, avoid liverpool one fr parking its expensive, there is also parking at albert dock multi storey, near the echo arena convention centre.

surfer
    Free Member

P*** taking aside if you havent travelled on the ferry into Liverpool it is a treat, never tire of it 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Parking for Albert Dock, Liverpool’ is closed to new replies.