Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Parking fines – scotland on private land
  • munkyboy
    Free Member

Ok maybe strictly a parking invoice from euro carparks. I had heard that I should ignore them and therems nothing they can do? Anyone know the actual answer?

philjunior
    Free Member

I know they can’t clamp as this has been determined in a historic case to be theft and extortion. Other than that no idea really

seosamh77
    Free Member

Was reported last week that a guy got took to court over these. He ended up settling for a few grand. Think the important point there is that he settled. Whether he would have lost the case is up for debate.

Either way I doubt these parking companies are taking loads of people to court, more trying to make 1 or 2 examples so that more people pay up.

Sounded a bit like that in their press release anyhow. Can’t remember the name of the company.

nickjb
    Free Member

Aiui the advice to ignore is now out of date. The procedure is to appeal it and you’ll get off. Pepipoo has all the info.

In Scotland they can only chase the driver. So don’t tell them who was driving under any circumstances.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Freedom to roam apparently, you have the right to go and park wherever you you want. It’s one of the benefits that people bang on about north of the border. Apparently. Tell them to shove it. 😛

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ignore is still valid in Scotland last I checked, ecp may or may not be chasing a mate for staying in a free car park two minutes or so longer than permitted. My mate has decided they can do one.

hebridean
    Free Member
    edward2000
    Free Member

i am not sure if the following law is applicable in Scotland

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted

If they want you to follow their rules, they must follow the statutory rules.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just to be awkward.
    You could try to get off or you could stick the moral high road and admit that you were wrong.

mattsccm
    Free Member

” So don’t tell them who was driving under any circumstances. “
    Disgusting

squirrelking
    Free Member

Do you think the fines are in any way proportionate to the losses sustained? If it was pay and display they may have a case but free parking can bog off.

seosamh77
    Free Member

mattsccm – Member

Disgusting

guessing you own a car park? 😆

inverjoe
    Free Member

My parents recieved a “charge” for parking longer than allowed in a free car park, they spoke to thier lawyer after the charge was doubled when they never payed it. The lawyers wife had just recievd one also. His advice was ignore it, the company dont have jurisdiction in Scotland. IIRC it was Eurocarparks… Hope this helps.

irc

i am not sure if the following law is applicable in Scotland

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted

It isn’t. In Scotland they can only pursue the driver.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Mmm, I may just pay up. That glasgow story is pretty bad. But if they hadn’t pursued him the system would be broken.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Depends if it is a fee or a fine.
    If a fee, then the appeal route is the route to take. Do not ignore, 1st appeal to the company charging you, then when they reject it, appeal to the body which arbitrates on this. The parking company will tell you who these are, POPLA, i think

Ultimately, it will be thrown out because the amount they are trying to charge you is not commensurate with the parking charges.

start here
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

then look at their forums, you might even find someone else who has the same

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4488337&_ga=1.2800246.775922792.1458131472

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Parking fines – scotland on private land’ is closed to new replies.