Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Parking Fine?
  • theboatman
    Free Member

By some miracle I have never had a parking ticket before, so was looking for some advice if anyone has any?

I attended a University campus today to provide evidence at a ‘fitness to practice’ panel. It was all a bit more messy than normal, and I ended up 14 minutes late and returned back to car to find a ticket, £45 fine if paid in 14 days or £75. Private parking company working on behalf of the college, if that matters and was 14 minutes over a 4 hour stay.

So two questions;

– Is it worth appealing, given the nature of the meeting? Or is it just a case of 14 minutes late, suck it up.
    – Does paying in the 14 day period invalidate any appeal as it seems it could be up to 28 days for this to be heard?

Thanks in advance.

MartynS

You can’t pay then appeal
    Go to pepipoo and seek advice.
    Ignore those on here who say “if you do the crime do the time”

You can fight it and win if you can be arsed.

xora

College will have the power to cancel the “fine”, try asking them first, will only cost 5 mins.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theboatman
    Free Member

Thanks MartynS – had a quick look seems the ‘can be arsed’ factor is quite significant in the processs. I’m not disputing that I did the crime, I guess I’m just feeling miffed that I left a pig of a meeting after fighting for the powers of good, and winning. The ticket just knocked my duck off a bit 😕

Thanks Xora – after reading the ticket in more depth, seems that the appeal also goes to the client (the Uni). So have dropped the tutor that issued the invite an email, see if they have a view.

ahsat

If it is a University car park and you are there on University business at a University meeting which over ran (even if it is controlled by a private firm) then there is a very good chance the University can write it off. Contact the person (ideally the administrator as they are far more useful) who you have been dealing with and they will probably be able to help. On our campus the machine tries to charge me £30 to park until I phone up the car parking team who sort it out.

Edit: looks like you are on it.

theboatman
    Free Member

Ahsat – hard to say it over ran, as they are a half day out of your diary type thing. But I can’t say I’ve known one run for more than 3 hours till today, and usually less than two. I always just go for the 4 hours, to be safe…..

tthew

While you appeal, the 14 day discount is suspended. When the result of your appeal is known, if you loose the 14 days starts again.

I know this as I got busted while in a blood donation session. And still lost. Bugger.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Parking Fine?’ is closed to new replies.