• This topic has 52 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • parking fine
  • jota180
    Free Member

and the disks are free

The last one I got was a quid

nealglover
    Free Member

Free at the council offices.

I got two last week 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

In Harrogate they are free. And the annoying thing is that I have a whole box of them at work – we just didn’t have one in the effing car.

jota180
    Free Member

How long has it been disc in Harrogate?

I regularly work in Raglan Street and I’m sure it’s pay and display

maccruiskeen

In glasgow I’ve had wardens request I move from a parking bay to a yellow line for loading even though I was happy to pay for a ticket to get closest to the door I was loading through- most streets in the city centre deliberately have both interspersed so there will be both parking and loading spaces available throughout the day. They are quite hot on cars on yellows precisely because keeping those spaces clear prevents trucks and vans from having to double park to load – so out of preference you should let your driver know to use single yellows instead of metered bays if he can. Simialrly when we arrange parking dispensation for streets for unit vehicles their preference is to put us on yellows rather than in metered bays.

jota180
    Free Member

The problem I have with loading bays is I work from a car so don’t really get the leeway vans do.

tomhoward

@jota180

Years, but some streets are disk, others p&d. Some streets are both, it just depends which side of the road you are on (really).

monkeyninja
    Free Member

So the driver came back and is paying it he says it was his fault,I had to drop some bread to the same restaurant tonight and noticed that directly outside is a bus lane, however there are signs saying that goods vehicles can park in it to deliver. He must have seen the bus lane and thought he couldn’t park outside. Also at the start and finish of the metered bays there is ample single yellow lines for delivery. So no excuse really and he had lots of cash had he needed to pay for a meter.

johndoh
    Free Member

@jota – as said, some disk, some pay and display. If you’re prepared to walk an extra 5 mins its disk or completely free – you just need to know where to go.

jota180
    Free Member

I don’t have to pay for it so not an issue for me, besides I have some cumbersome kit to take into site most times.

johndoh
    Free Member

Whhoooo – we contested the fine and they have dropped it.

Bloody right too 🙂

Result.

br
    Free Member

I drive in the course of my job. If I broke the law whilst driving during the course of my job I would have to pay any fine…and I would expect to be subject to my organisations disciplinary procedures… Multiple offences mean I would be retrained, or taken off driving..if not sacked. I would never expect to have fines paid for me.

Different to been a delivery driver with (very) limited times between drops. And no one has broken the law, they’re just parking tickets.

Interesting story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2352242/Eight-BT-engineers-arrested-fake-car-clamping-business-200-000-con.html

“It is thought the company pays out around £1million in fines in London alone every year.”

hora
    Free Member

Do you instruct him to park in bays and do you reimburse him when he has to use said bays? Or do you give him a kitty that he has to use?

If none of the above then you should pay. If you magically expect him to 100% find free parking spaces in a city centre or chance it off his own back then you’re out of order IMO. His job/hes working on your behalf.

If he speeds thats his fault as you’ve not instructed him to drive fast have you?

If however you said ‘you take too long delivering you need to rush round/speed up (essentially) then you take joint-moral responsibility for a speeding fine IMO.

Fair comments?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘parking fine’ is closed to new replies.