Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Parking at The Look Out, Swinley
  • br
    Free Member

No real problem with paying, but most of the time we are there before anywhere is open. so don’t – never really understood why they didn’t have either a permit machine or at the very least, an honesty box.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

if I don’t park can I get a cheaper permit?

What about a free beefburger?

petetheplumber
    Free Member

You can’t charge for parking and remove the day permit, if you have 3 people in a car and 3 bikes do you get 3 parking tickets? The permit gives you permission to ride in the forest not to park or vice versa. If they use a pay and display system that’s fine, you then need a man to check tickets. I would think a man in a uniform would help to reduce the numbers of thefts from the car park and also take two people of the jobless total. I you crash in the wood and get taken to hospital the rangers will take you bike and secure it for you, if you don’t have a permit they won’t. I think a permit machine is in the pipe line but to fit that removes cash from the trail budget.

cinnamon_girl

Well, if they bring in parking charges then surely regular users should be able to buy a year’s parking permit at a preferential rate?

But, not all dog walkers and families will need an all day ticket so if you start charging, say a fiver, then folk will get hacked off. £2 or £3 would be more reasonable.

Elf: £2.80 for a burger isn’t bad. The toasted sandwiches were quite extortionate, not forgetting the coffee cups being reduced in size!

jon1973
    Free Member

What about a free beefburger?

Sold.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It was actually quite a tasty beefburger as it goes. I was very pleasantly surprised. Cooked propply too, unlike the one I’d had there previously looked like ittud bin left under the grill for several hours all dried out and not at all pleasant.

Now if they could sort out some of the staff there thattud help too. Not all of them but some of them really are quite rude, like the woman who brought me burger out, had a go at me cos I wasn’t sitting in the ‘patio’ area, but a few yards away on a bench. I mean, I heard her call my number out and everything, I don’t know why she had to be so rude.

jon1973
    Free Member

Not sitting in the patio area when you’ve ordered food is tantamount to high treason at the Look Out. There seems to be some invisible force field that the staff cannot cross, delimited by the patio.

Only ever had toasted tea cakes and coffee from them, maybe I’ll try a burger next time.

TimS
    Free Member

Elfinsafety,
    I think it was because you sat still and made her walk over to you rather than jumping up and grabbing it out of her hands.

jon1973
    Free Member

I think it was because you sat still and made her walk over to you rather than jumping up and grabbing it out of her hands.

No need for rudeness though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well being (sometimes) local I’d be all for swaping the permit for parking charges.

Either ride form home (3 miles)
    Or ride with the Tunnel Hill Trolls and start in Farnbough and work our way up noorth, that’d be 40+ riders on a Tuesday night not paying that currently buy permits.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Parking at The Look Out, Swinley’ is closed to new replies.