Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Parking at glentress
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I parked at the top carpark buzzards nest and pick up the red a blue run from there but wondered if I have missed any of the trails ? Just realised that you were went to back at the bottom ?

Cheers

br
    Free Member

and in English?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Or any other officially recognised language ?

euans2
    Free Member

By parking at buzzards you’ve missed at least half the trails!

rOcKeTdOg

STW stock answer: Inners

glasgowdan
    Free Member

You miss a nice blue descent

DickBarton

Half the trails??? You do know the trails go beyond the buzzards nest?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Buzzards nest car park, other wise known as the lazy fat slow unfit bar steward car park, ride up the hill and get better.

angryratio
    Free Member

The top car park is intended for those who shred the knar for five mins then have a rest and repeat for a few hours.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Nothing at all stopping you from doing the complete red, blue or black but using the buzzards next car park as a starting point. Gives you a much better warm up in my opinion.

cobrakai

Buzzards nest car park, other wise known as the lazy fat slow unfit bar steward car park, ride up the hill and get better.

Couldn’t agree more. Nice warm up from the bottom car park and the blue down form there is a nice way to finish off the day. I snigger at people who drive past me…….

Northwind

The buzzard’s nest is on the red, blue and black routes. You can start or finish wherever you want.

Big plus of parking at the buzzard’s is that if you get back to the car and you still have some time or energy to kill, you can go for a muck about on any of the 7 or 8 short loops that start there. Far better.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Snigger all you like – but I’m sure the line “we’ll park at buzzards and I’ll cycle back up from the cafe at the end to get the car” placates lots of wives and kids. It certainly works here!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Good point, but as long as you do actually have a wife and kids and are not using this as some sort of sick lazy sloth like joke.

I will be checking out for all the wives next time I ride past the BN car park.

Spaceman
    Free Member

I agree with the placating wife and kids angle!

Parking there also works at this time of year to make after-work rides more doable without the need for lights. Easier to ride uphill for 20 minutes in semi-darkness/darkness at the end of a ride than try to go downhill at speed in those 20 minutes.

patriotpro
    Free Member

stevewhyte – Member

+1 or ride from Kailzie bunkhouse and get even better.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Parking at glentress’ is closed to new replies.