Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Parking a van in Oban
  • scotroutes

I’m looking to take a bike over to a couple of the smaller islands for a few days and would be leaving my van in Oban. Any locals who could suggest a good spot where it wouldn’t be in anyones way and would be relatively secure?

gwaelod
    Free Member

Leave it with Alfabus…his Mrs will park it for you

🙂

Waderider
    Free Member

Just park somewhere sensible out Gallanach Road. As long as you don’t mind back tracking a bit further to the ferry terminal than the average joe, you’ll find safe spaces.

scotroutes

I was thinking Ganavan Road 😉 I’ll have the bike, so I don’t really care how far it is to the terminal.

doodlebug
    Free Member

I regally park with permission in a YHA car park and then contribute to the mountain rescue at their reception.

murf
    Free Member

Farmfoods car park, cover your plates on the way in to hoodwink the anpr camera….

mattsccm
    Free Member

Dive centre south of town. A few quid buts its got people about plus showers etc

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I though this was going to be a limerick…

passtherizla
    Free Member

The road out to gallanach is a good shout, park by the seafood temple (which is very good too) right end of town too. Dunno how happy puffin divers would be about you leaving a van there… Could always ask, my dad’s boat stays there for 9 months if the year, he pays in whiskey and chocolate.

aelliott
    Free Member

I often head over to South Uist (mrs is from there) and leave my car in the Aldi car park just behind Tesco’s. Left it there for almost a week and its been fine.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Parking a van in Oban’ is closed to new replies.