Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Park Tools Chainscrubber – Don’t try this at home kids
  • flamejob
    Free Member

Dishwasher+’Cyclone’ chain scrubber= FAIL

I reckon it’s warranty-able… it doesn’t day not to put it on the dishwasher on the packaging!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think you’ll find it’s easier just to put the CHAIN in the dishwasher, not the cleaner…..
    🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

I find that actually using the chain cleaner, in itself keeps it clean…being that it’s full of degreaser & all. Quick hose out immediately after use…bonza.

bluebird
    Free Member

Why on earth would you put it in a dish washer?

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

I have had two of the BBB version of that chain cleaner and both fell apart after cleaning one chain…. never once even got near a dishwasher.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

mega-fail

Jimbikes
    Free Member

how has it failled?

Ambrose

Durrrr

Jimbikes
    Free Member

the brushes and other bits are meant to come apart

Jamie
    Free Member

…but why dishwasher?

I mean really…why?

mieszko
    Free Member

I’ve got the same model. Don’t have a dishwasher but that didn’t stop it from failing and somehow the metal thingy that locks the bottom part with the top cover broke off the top bit that it locks to. Still cleans the chain well. Tried it at home once, makes a huge mess spraying all over the place, so it’s always outside now.

You can take out the brushes and the sponge for cleaning. But as You can see from the picture his whole Chainscrubber is a bit warped. Probably from the high temperature when drying. 🙂 But again there’s nothing on it saying dishwasher safe 😉

flamejob
    Free Member

I kindly cleaned about 7 drivetrains with it on the last trip to Afan, one of which was normally used as a commuter bike and hence TOTALLY gunged up. The cleaner was very gungy, so I thought; if tupperware survives, why not a chain cleaner.

I like clean tools. *goes back to polishing spanners

dyna-ti

Put your chain in a basin of paraffin and use a stick to move it about,leave it in there over night,then remove and allow to dry,then lube it and wipe off all the excess lube,the wife’s towels are best for this 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Park Tools Chainscrubber – Don’t try this at home kids’ is closed to new replies.