Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Park tool fail?
  • spooky_b329

My brother has just shown me this.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/park-tools-sr11-chain-whip-and-lock-ring-remover/?referid=affwin&utm_source=affiliate-window&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=z6.invisionfree.com

It is a combined chainwhip and a lockring remover, but you can’t use both at the same time? Wiggle response is that you need two of them (or more sensibly, a spanner) to actually remove a cassette?!

So have they got it wrong? Does the tool split in two or is it really a little bit useless?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Nope, it doesn’t split. you need 2 or 1 and an adjustable to do the job. I think it’s derived from when some cassettes needed 2 whips for removal so I guess the assumption is that the shop would have 2 of these to cover all bases.

Jamze

Instructions here, really is a little bit useless.

spooky_b329

Ha, priceless!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Centrelock disc use a lockring, so that’s one use for it without a chain whip, still it is a bit odd, aye.

Northwind

It’d be even stupider if it were more expensive than a decent quality lockring tool and chainwhip. Oh it is!

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s not just for cassettes it’s also for freewheels
    And yes there was a time when you needed two whips to remove the rear block

There’s a fair bit of stuff park still make that makes no sence till you work in a shop on all sorts of random things

Edric64
    Free Member

The one I have is really old and combines chain whip and old style threaded headset spanner

trail_rat
    Free Member

edric – snap.

threaded headset spanner….. last used to remove the viscous fan on my v8 !

avdave2

threaded headset spanner….. last used to remove the viscous fan on my v8 !

Mine was last used on my sons’ scooter.

njee20
    Free Member

Park have done that tool for at least 20 years, but yes I prefer using an adjustable to turn the lock ring.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Park tool fail?’ is closed to new replies.