Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Park Tool Apron – Worth It?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Looking for a workshop apron now that I am doing more and more of my own maintenance. I do all of it in the garage and have to wear my down gilet in there because it’s freezing and I don’t want to wreck my clothes by absent mindedly wiping greasy hands on it.

I’ve seen the Park Tool SA-3 for £25. Is it worth the money over a cheapo £6 apron you can buy from Screwfix? Anyone who owns one care to comment please?

fourbanger
    Free Member

I got one. It’s nothing any other apron won’t do excerpt it has Park written on it. I like Park so I got one.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Cheers. Do you know any decent alternatives please?

fourbanger
    Free Member

I was torn between this and the Park

joshvegas
    Free Member

Get a shop coat if its cold.

Or overall, especially if they have jersey cuffs on the arms.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

this is what I use:

Northwind

I have always survived despite not wearing an apron. Random old clothes for the garage.

lunge

I use a chef’s apron that I had lying around, it has a pocket and is an apron. It’s not going to keep you warm though, but a cheap fleece from TK Maxx/Decathlon/Primarni if you’re worried about that.

…I can’t believe I just answered a question on aprons.

al

The advantage of the Park apron is the front pockets are “hinged” so when you lean over things don’t fall out.

Candodavid
    Free Member

…I can’t believe I just answered a question on aprons.

You haven’t met Mr Yellow then

nealglover
    Free Member

I have the park tool apron for machine polishing at work.

It’s far better than most purely because of the strap design. It has a crossover strap on the back rather than a looped neck strap so it doesn’t rub on your neck and it’s far more comfortable.

Worth the extra in my opinion as I hated wearing my old one but I forget I have the park tool one on.

bikeneil
    Free Member

bencooper
    Free Member

I use the Park apron in the shop – it is very comfy, even when the pockets are full.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’ve got one and I quite like it. I’ve used a few different (usually free ones) and the park one is the best one. Fits nicely, doesn’t move about and is comfortable even when the pockets are full.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I got one last year for xmas – not Park Tools but another, just as good IMO, black with red writing on it something like DMR or SKS, now when I can’t find that elusive screwdriver I find it tucked in one of its numerous pockets! Looks to have more useful pockets than the Park one on CRC website…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Park Tool Apron – Worth It?’ is closed to new replies.