• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Shred.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Park PCS10 or Feedback Sport Mechanic
  • fathomer

Looking for a bit of advice on the PCS10 and Feedback Sport Mechanic.

My current workstand, which is one of the cheaper generic ones, is getting a bit old and tired, so I’m looking at a new one.

I’ve narrowed it down to the above two. Stability is a priority, as the current one has a tendency to tip over with the bike at anything other than the natural angle.

My fear with the Feedback is although it looks more stable because it has three legs, is that it may not fit in the garage very well due to the larger footprint.

Any advice appreciated.

LoCo
    Free Member

Have both, the Feedback being the stand that goes to races looks posher, more stable, a lot lighter.
    The park is still pretty stable and has lasted well 5 years daily use and as you say smaller footprint, for shed/garage use where space is at a premium I’d get the park.
    HTH

sandwicheater

I’ve the model down from that park and although stable/fine, it bugs the hell out of me you can’t easily pack it up.

LoCo
    Free Member

The Park PCS10 packs down nicely as the legs actually fold, unlike the next model down (got one of those in shed at home too) 😕

trail_rat
    Free Member

feedback pisses all over the park for working on the bike.

packs down fine and small.

how small is your garage? the foot print isnt huge – also imo the clamp mech is much better….

the cost of the worktray did grind my gears a bit – how ever it is a superbly made bit of kit once i ponyied up for it.

Park workstands for the most part are well over rated till you get up to the pcs-1 – and for that cash id rather a kestral.

fathomer

Thanks for the advice chaps.

Garage isn’t tiny, it’s just not big and there’s a fair amount of floor space taken by cupboards and bikes.

I’ve just drawn the Feedback footprint up using the base diameter measurement on their site and the centre pole will be about 690mm from the wall. I’ll have to have a measure up tonight.

LoCo
    Free Member

Another option do you need to move it? as a wall mounted one maybe an even better use of space.

alexpalacefan

I’ve used both as a professional mechanic.
    One shop where I worked got the Park Tools one to try. It was quietly left in a corner and replaced by a Feedback which was better in every respect.
    You’re doing the measuring tonight, if the Feedback one will fit, get that for sure. If it won’t, move something until it will.

APF

Andy

Pcs10 is £98 at Tweeks (plus another £4 via Quidco) if that helps

fathomer

So the Feedback is the better stand, pretty unanimous, hopefully it’ll fit!

Loco – I move it around sometimes, to friends houses, trips away, like to work in the garden on nice sunny days etc.

With British Cycling discount the Feedback is only £15 more at CRC (and Top Cash Back).

iain1775
    Free Member

Got my pcs-10 for £70 in an Amazon warehouse deal, at that price it was worth it, and a huge step up from the Aldi one it replaced, or the old wall mounted one I had before that
    Wouldn’t pay over £100 for one though

walleater

I’ve owned the Park one for years and it’s OK. But re. the Feedback stand, no idea what the price difference is in the UK but the Ultimate version is way better than the one mentioned on here. Much lighter, has a quick release clamp and looks pretty cool. I’d save up for that one personally.

transition1
    Free Member

I have just bought a PCS10 & so far seems great. Will know after the summer how good it is after all the BHF & other sportive events I will be mechanicing at.

dustytrails

Feedback here (Ultimate Sport) Great workstand in every way

Shred
    Free Member

What is the head of the Feedback sports like on aero seatposts?

I have a PCS9, which I stupidly bought but hardly use as I don’t have space to leave it out, and it is so massive and awkward to move around.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Park PCS10 or Feedback Sport Mechanic’ is closed to new replies.