• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Park Morons
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Today I had the misfortune to witness two total knobbers riding through the park, Heaton Park in Newcastle, around 17:00

Knobber 1 – Ice cream trailer was parked on the shared use path, with I assume correct licensing, there was a line of people from the van across the path, people were shuffling around to let others past, including bikes.

Knobber 1 in his lycra, beard, and hybrid bike came flying down the path tinging his bell like a deranged bellringer, as he approached the line, he tinged louder expecting some sort of path to part in the ice cream line.

Now the line was made up of families, and a couple of kids. One kid panicked and moved out of the way, into the path of the cyclist, who then tried to swerve around him, and the kid followed as people do. Cyclist had to break hard and stop, complaining at the kid.

Sadly the child didn’t belong to the group of large angry looking geordies who told him to slow down, away he went all upset that his KOM through the park had been slowed by families enjoying themselves.

Knobber 2 – as we exited the kids play park, I heard an angry buzzing sound, which I thought meant I was going to be attacked by hornets, looking around, WTF is that noise, turned around turned back to have some shirtless tosser fly past with his hub buzzing, do a small jump and into the trees/dirt path.

Again it was on a shared path, but right across the exit of the kids playground, tosser.

I know it is shared path, I am sure pedestrians still have right of way in that instance, and even if they don’t and it is all equal, there is no reason to ride like a complete twunt through a busy park.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Park Morons’ is closed to new replies.