Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Park Avenue- Money,Power and the American Dream
  • rudebwoy
    Free Member

wow- they are worse than i thought ! The richest 400 americans have more ‘wealth’ than 150 Million of the poorest. The doorman to where these creatures live was revealing, if he opened the wrong car door he would have been sacked !– he got a ‘tip’ from america’s richest man Mr.Koch, for $50 at crimbo- in the form of a cheque !!

Aside that, these people show how the ‘world’ of capitalism is really run– rigged for a very small elite, and like here all the blame is heaped on the poor…..nice

Ro5ey
    Free Member

0/10

Really that’s not even worth one single point as a rant.

Rubbish

bigyinn
    Free Member

Do you honestly think these people got where they are by being nice??!

Pigface
    Free Member

I have met about 3 or 4 mega rich people in my life and I am sure they would be second or third division rich in the grand scheme of things. The one thing in common they all had was this insatiable drive to make more money. No idea if they were happy but they seemed to work so many hours I cant see where they would have any spare time to enjoy their wealth. All were decent to work for or with which couldn’t be said about their wives ,kids and weirdly their P.A’s.

kimbers

good job romney didnt get in

im not sure obamas backers are gonna be that great but these guys were asshats

the tax setup theyve lobbied for and won is criminal imho

Pook

I thought this was going to be a peter Kay mocumentary

stewartc
    Free Member

In relation to these 400 americans have more ‘wealth’ than 150 Million of the poorest rants, it would be interesting to see how that works out in other countries, just as a reference to see how the percentages work out, does anyone know?
    I would guess that the percentages work out worse in say Russia, Africa or South America (i.e. wealth distribution per population).

Edit: I found this on Wiki but I am not sure how reliable it is and I am no financial guru, but based on this chart the US is just behind China and India in wealth distribution.

atlaz
    Free Member

weirdly their P.A’s.

Not that unusual. PAs of “important people” tend to be really bloody rude. Maybe they get a million calls a day from people wanting some time with their boss but mostly I think they are just rude. My old CEO’s PA was astoundingly and quite insultingly rude but unfortunately for her, when he retired it meant nobody wanted her around and she ended up being made redundant as the new CEO didn’t want a PA just for himself.

loum
    Free Member

Missed the park avenue episode, but saw some of the “stealing africa” episode.
    Good series, 4 so far – search “why poverty” on the BBC site.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

It’s not that surprising, the US is fairly well known to have some of the worst inequality, and worst poverty in the ‘developed’ world. They, as a country, still don’t seem to have got over the Cold War and McCarthyism, so any policy that might help the poor can still be shot down by those who appose it simply by labelling it communism. Fortunately there are some signs that this is beginning to change in certain areas.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Park Avenue- Money,Power and the American Dream’ is closed to new replies.