Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Park and Ride western M25 for London – with a Sprinter van??
  • tomaso
    Free Member

So going to that London for 3 days in the summer holidays and looking for park and ride options between M40 and M23 junctions of M25. Slight extra difficulty in the form of medium wheelbase Sprinter van as our only vehicle! We want to get the train or tube into the centre.

My ideas so far are:

Somewhere on the Chiltern line near M40 such as Gerrards Cross, Beaconsfield
    Uxbridge tube station
    Gatwick airport

Any ideas suggestions welcome – thanks :mrgreen:

sugdenr
    Free Member

Depends which mainline station you want to arrive/leave London. London bridge Charging cross Victoria Waterloo or paddington?

tomaso
    Free Member

We are staying at St Pauls YHA so we’d be heading for St Pauls tube station on the Central line.

sugdenr
    Free Member

If you are coming from M40 way then you want trainlines into Waterloo (IIRC roughly between M4 & A3!). Train much quicker than tube. From M40 I would suggest go to somewhere like Egham, takes you into Waterloo, take Waterloo & City (not sunday) to Bank, then 1 stop or walk to St Pauls.

tomaso
    Free Member

Cheers Egham looks like a good bet – nice and easy to get to from our M40 > M25. Car park at station doesn’t look bad and according to google streetview does not have a height restriction barrier that would prevent my 3 metre tall motorhome getting in!

Thanks!

br
    Free Member

Amersham station carpark?

And on the tube plus normal line.

thepurist

Plenty of Park & Rides around Guildford – bus into town centre, train to Waterloo. No idea about height restrictions or multi day stops though.

tomaso
    Free Member

Guildford park and ride looks great except for the height restriction barriers…

sm
    Free Member

Near M40

High Wycombe – train into London Marylebone

or better still Twyford train into Paddington

tomaso
    Free Member

Twyford looks good for parking van style! H Wycombe appears to be multi-storey

hot_fiat

Maidenhead station is pretty good, ltcp is off shoppenhangers road.

There s nothing in uxbridge.

theotherjonv

Guildford’s easy, you could even leave it outside my house, and then bus into the town for a couple of quid each.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Park and Ride western M25 for London – with a Sprinter van??’ is closed to new replies.