Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Park and ride
  • onehundredthidiot

(No not a dogging thread)

Is it acceptable to use a park and ride to park and then bike into town (Edinburgh)?

I can’t see why not but will some uniformed, clipboard wielder announce nasally that “you can’t do that here”?

Parking is free and i reckon traffic makes it almost the same time-wise and i’m not taking up a precious seat on public transport.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

judging by the amount of ‘travellers’ who live at the one at Danderhall, I don’t think they’d even notice

johnners
    Free Member

They can impose whtever rules they want I guess. I got told off for cycling down the spiral exit ramp* in a multi-storey car park but I wasn’t making a habit of it, just taking my bike from the boot of my car to a bike shop so there wasn’t really anything they could do about it. Walk your bike to the car park exit if necessary and there’s probably nothing they can do.

*The chap said I should have taken the bike down in the lift, but I suspect he wouldn’t have been happy about that either.

martymac

if you are talking about ferrytoll park and ride, then yes you can.
    its owned by fife council, however the staff are supplied by a large bus company, (wont name them, but they also supply 95% of the buses that service ferrytoll).
    some drivers/staff seem to get a real bee in their bonnet about this, i cant understand it, what difference does it make ffs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Park and ride’ is closed to new replies.