• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Lifer.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Paris – Nice. Wow what a finish
  • weeksy

Great racing again that was.

scaredypants

Just finished the replay on eurosport – brilliant

I don’t really like Bertie but he’s got some heart

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Cheers for that Weeksy.
    With all the racing going on at the moment it’s hard to know which to watch.
    Cracking finish!

kilo

Yes I was hoping contador would get chased down

mogrim

First bit of cycling I’ve watched on my new TV – it’s pretty obvious that a new 49″ HD is going to piss all over a 28″ CRT, but… wow.

Great finish too, Spanish 1-2-3 which pleased the commentators (Spanish TV), I’d have liked to see Bertie beat Sky but not too bothered.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

De La Cruz should have pulled him in earlier, contador was never going to jump him for the stage win, just wanted a tow in

scaredypants

Just to add – Rob Hatch’s ostentatious pronunciation reminds me of that Fast Show “Real Madrid” sketch 😀

I note he doesn’t do Aussie when he says Richie Porte – wonder why not ?

butcher

Don’t think there were any losers there really. Lots of talk of Contador (and rightly so!) but Henao wasn’t getting a lot of help. Yes, he had the advantage at the end but seemed to spend 95% of time pulling at the front. Both deserved to win.

slowoldman

It’s been a really good race. Tirreno-Adriatico is good too. G going well after bizarre failures in the TTT.

weeksy

Indeed slowoldman, that’s been very entertaining too.

Froome a little conspicuous in his absence? Have I missed something?

slowoldman

Like last year Froome is concentrating on training rather than races. I believe he is racing the Volta a Catalunya in a few days.

weeksy

Thanks buddy. I heard something in one of the commentaries that he’s been training back in SA but had rained constantly… but then i was thinking “well, if he’s been training with XYZ and they’re now racing… where is Froome”

It will be very interesting to see how he goes this year. It’s also very interesting how team Sky are coming along with their training, they’re pretty strong at the moment with Thomas, Nieve, Henao, Kwia, etc…

Spin
    Free Member

Love Bertie or loath him you have to acknowledge his style.

Marge
    Free Member

Froome was out on the P-N stages by the way doing a bit training / spectating 🙂

But back to the original point – finish was amazing. Its been a lot time since we’ve seen Bertie really attack like this.
    Brilliant to see & I just hope he has the core speed to be able to do this in the Tour(s).

Found my love for him again

weeksy

I still worry about Contador… is he / isn’t he… I like to think, i like to hope…. but.. Hmmmm. Indicative of the sport and the recent history of course.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

contador was never going to jump him for the stage win, just wanted a tow in

he’d have jumped him if he could because of the bonus seconds – even if he’d beaten De La Cruz by half a tyre-width he’d have got 10 rather than 6 bonus seconds, so could have won by 2 seconds rather than lost by 2.

I still worry about Contador… is he / isn’t he

he served a ban and since then he’s been less dominant and slower. I don’t suspect him any more than any of the other GC contenders. Regardless, he’s still the most exciting, dynamic and wily GT rider of his generation.

I note he (Rob Hatch) doesn’t do Aussie when he says Richie Porte – wonder why not

because he lives in Spain (or one of it’s islands) so is utterly fluent and that’s reflected in his correct pronunciation? I think it sounds affected because his natural accent is northern.

Its been a lot time since we’ve seen Bertie really attack like this.

Yeah, the 2016 Vuelta was SUCH a long time ago…

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vuelta-a-espana-contador-launches-decisive-move-on-the-road-to-formigal/

It won the race for Quintana but it was Contador’s move.

chakaping
    Free Member

That was something special.

Kudos to Bertie & Sergio alike.

scaredypants

because he lives in Spain (or one of it’s islands) so is utterly fluent and that’s reflected in his correct pronunciation? I think it sounds affected because his natural accent is northern.

I bet he speaks some other languages too, going on the way he pronounces kruiswijk et al 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

Yeah it was pretty good

😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Paris – Nice. Wow what a finish’ is closed to new replies.