Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Paris in one day
  • funkhouser
    Free Member

Gonna have a free afternoon in Paris next week, never been before. Could do with a good itinerary to make the most of it. I’ll be free from about 11am and my Eurostar leaves at 17:15. Be good to briefly take in the sights and maybe have jaunt up the Eiffel, but generally prefer to swerve the too touristy stuff? Reckon I might do a swift circuit on a tour bus but then I’d prefer to wander down some more authentic Parisian rues, markets & squares. Get a nice meal somewhere and probably a few bars / cafés too?

Any advice? Cheers

Mackem

Just walk along the west-bank, seeing the sights, diving down little side-streets, eating and drinking as you go. Get some quality people-watching time in.

funkhouser
    Free Member

Sounds good that like but can you be a bit more specific? You mean the Rive Gauche?

vmazie
    Free Member

Did this trip last month. Had an amazing, no too crammed day which went something like this;
    Metro to Eiffel Tower, sat underneath it eating a baggette for lunch (if you want to go up it you are better off re booking – queues are horrendous).
    Walk over to join a River Boat trip – no pre booking required. Many companies offering very simular trips (purchase ice cream before boarding)!
    Walked up to Arc De Triomphe. Admire.
    Metro to The Marais area for a cafe style bite to eat.
    Taxi back to Gare de North.
    Simples.
    Have fun.

funkhouser
    Free Member

Thanks, sounds grand. Just spotted the other Paris thread too so plenty to go at.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Paris in one day’ is closed to new replies.