Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PARIS. Anyone no of any good riding spots close to paris
  • Fred89

Im currently living in paris and in search of good riding spots within a short train journey. Or ideally within riding distance from Saint Denis which is where I am living. Ideally some good areas for xc. But even just a small area of woodland close by that I can do some circuits in wood be good.

Any advice on good riding spots would be much appreciated.

Thanks Fred

Gilles

not done myself, but my friends in Paris used to go riding in the Bois de fontainebleau. i think it’s a kind of short journey by train to there.

MrFart
    Free Member

Have you tried utagawavtt.com?

gee
    Free Member

When I did the Tour VTT we had a stage to the north of Paris in Argenteuil. It wasn’t exactly inspiring but there were some trails and some woods.

GB

accu
    Free Member

fontainebleau…not too far away and good trails..

fergal
    Free Member

Yep Fontainebleau has loads of riding in the woods, about 50km from paris, i had a good day following one of the red GR trails, there are also blue walking trails marked on the IGN map to the area, not sure of the laws regarding riding walking trails, but in the forrest there are miles of tracks, hope this helps.

Fred89

Hey Thanks for the locations. I will be checking out Fontainebleau soon. looks like there’s a lot of stuff to be found on utagawavtt also. Thanks guys.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Couple of years ago I got the family hopelessly lost in Fontenbleau, until we happended upon Rue Luxembourg – a cobbled road right in the forest!

cheese@4p

Fontainebleu is very good, you can get a map of the trails from the tourist info place in town. It has arguably the world best bouldering too!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PARIS. Anyone no of any good riding spots close to paris’ is closed to new replies.