Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Parents :: Schools finishing early for the football tommorow
  • wwaswas

I think the issue is molgrips that for those parents who are unable to pick their kids up early the child sees this as somehow a betrayal by their parent.

My daughters school (Junior) in Hove is allowing early pick up, my sons secondary is not closing early.

I've told my daughter I'll pick her up at normal time and she's disappointed not to be missing an hours school (the football is irrelevant).

oldgit
    Free Member

They were going to show it at school, then they changed their minds. I expect a mass bunking off. Just say it snowed a tiny bit, the teachers will understand 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Fair point wwaswas, I would be mostly in favour of the big-screen in school idea myself. Great for a party atmosphere I reckon – spread some joy in the world 🙂

Tracey

Our girls will be watching it on a big sceen in the hall at Wakefield.
    We will be clossing the office at 2.30 and every one is going to Brooklands to watch it, some drinks will be provided

Tracey

konabunny
    Free Member

Having those in authority acknowledge that fun is important means a lot to people.

You're right – cos the UK's big problem at the moment is that its kids are too serious and don't know how to relax and have fun and have no idea how to watch sports on the goggle box. Luckily, there's an infinite amount of time in the school year to practice "sums", and they can be done in any sequence or order, cos it's not like teachers actually plan for anything they teach or kids need structure, they just go out and ramble every day, and the kids just pick it up as they go along. That's why it doesn't really make a difference if you take your kids off to Morocco for a cheap EasyJet holiday, ramble on about how your ugly offspring ramming his face with kebabs at the Club Med buffet for a week is "just as educational" as school, and then he can make it up six months later by asking for a bit of extra homework, but not so much that he feels pressured.

MIDDLE CLASS PARENTS MUST BE EXTERMINATED.

</rant>

brant
    Free Member

He went into school and we didn't go to Lee Quarry, FWIW 😉

juan
    Free Member

Taking part in a great international festival once every four years is more important than an hour of extra sums, imo.

Just in you opinion indeed. Plus I can't quite see how they are taking part buy watching that crap on a TV.
    I might give away the holiday stuff, I said I might, because it's family time, and otherwise they might not be able to afford holidays (although one could point out that they could spend their holidays in lands), but for sport **** that. I bet no school/office let people go out earlier for the Olympics. Or the Ft Williams world cup. Or the 4th nation tournament so why should it happen for football.

samuri
    Free Member

He went into school and we didn't go to Lee Quarry, FWIW

I went out riding, HTH.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Parents :: Schools finishing early for the football tommorow’ is closed to new replies.