Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • parents motor insurance – this sound about right?
  • sadexpunk

parents just back from thailand, been over there for 6 years-ish, so no no claims bonus.

theyve been to a brokers here in lincs who’ve looked at a few different providers, and been told around £700 for an unassuming 1.6 58 astra. pops is 78 so cracking on a bit, but i know some ins providers go cheaper for elderly dont they?

any suggestions as to whether they need to suck that up or try somewhere else?

thanks

scaled
    Free Member

I suspect they’ll have to suck it up.

I had a company car for years, now on my own insurance again.

32, no accidents/claims, 2.0 2000 Avensis estate – £1700 a year!

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s worth trying the comparison sites I think. Can’t hurt.

sandwicheater

70+, he’ll be seeing his rates increase year on year i’m afraid (broadly speaking) as his reactions get worse etc.

May not be true in your case but yeah, suck it up.

Definitely always worth shopping around for quotes though.

sadexpunk

been shopping around but some of the questions cant be answered properly, such as ‘have you been resident in uk since birth’ (no) and ‘how long have you lived here continuously’ (errrr… a few weeks)

just rang saga too and they wont insure anyone who hasnt been driving here for the last year, and im getting the feeling most will be that case too.

thanks

MoreCashThanDash

Actually better then I would have thought, no UK no claims, no recent UK driving experience, and his age.

Regardless of his actual health, he is entering a higher risk age. Still always worth shopping around though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘parents motor insurance – this sound about right?’ is closed to new replies.